Malware warning?
    Hey all. For some odd reason, every time I try to load this page (link below) on Electronista, I get a warning about this site possibly being able to harm my computer. I don't get this with any other article there, and this doesn't present itself like the normal ads that try to scare you. It's extremely odd to me. Anyone else able to see this or know what to make of it? I'm using Safari 5.0. I don't get this message using Firefox.

Microsoft to give Windows Phone 7 devices to every employee | Electronista

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
    ------
    Links: Onyx | EasyFind | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | The Safe Mac Adware Removal Guide | Uninstall MacKeeper
    ------
    Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.

Specs:
    15in MBP 2.5GHz Core2Duo | 1.83Ghz Dual G5 PowerMac | 2.0 GHz Dual G5 PowerMac
    I can't say about safari since I don't use it, but I have received that a few times with Firefox. I'm at work right now using Internet Explorer, and I get no errors with the site.
    -Matt

Specs:
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
    No issues with Safari or FF for me. Maybe something awry with the Phishing filter in Safari?
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

https://youtu.be/KHZ8ek-6ccc

Hmmmm… well I decided to pull the trigger and click on the link it provided (which claimed to be a Google link, though it looked like gobbledy-gook of a link). As it turns out, it did go straight to a Google page about safe browsing. My best guess from reading it is that some 3rd party has compromised Electronista and modified that article to inject malicious code. I can't figure out why Google is warning me on Safari and not Firefox though, or for that matter how Google is even involved to begin with. *shrug*

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
    ------
    Links: Onyx | EasyFind | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | The Safe Mac Adware Removal Guide | Uninstall MacKeeper
    ------
    Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.

BTW… here's the page I'm prompted to visit:
    Google Safe Browsing diagnostic page for w91t.com

------
    ------

Specs:
    27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 6S, iPod Nano 7th GeniPad 3
    You mean like this message in Chrome on Windows?

Looks like whatever advertising site is being used might have something that is bad..

Regards
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Raz0rEdge View Post
    You mean like this message in Chrome on Windows?

Looks like whatever advertising site is being used might have something that is bad..

Regards
    That's more or less what it looks like. Same warning, but formatted quite a bit differently. Anywho... I'm inclined to go with your guess there. It's just odd I didn't get that same warning in Firefox. Perhaps it has something to do with the extensions I have on Firefox.

------
    ------

Thread Information