DiskWarrior Question
    I have a mid 2010 MBP, and was considering purchasing DiskWarrior. I had thought about it as an addition to the "tool chest" just in case.

I am aware that currently, this version of the MBP can't boot from the disk; but I make regular backups with SuperDuper that could be used if I made a backup with DiskWarrior installed.

My question is, do I really need it if I use SuperDuper? I make frequent regular backups with SuperDuper; and I also use Time Machine.

I certainly don't mind getting it if it would be useful; just seems like if I run into a problem I could do a complete restore.

Any advice?

Fort Worth, Texas
    27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, El Capitan
    Disk Warrior is certainly a nice tool to have in one's repair chest. It's entirely up to you whether or not to make the purchase. However, comparing SuperDuper or CCC to DW is not appropriate as they do different things.

Victoria, BC
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
    DW repairs directory corruption, which can happen to any drive (including clones), but admittedly with regular clones *and* Time Machine, your chances of actually needing DW are quite slim. Pat yourself on the back.

Nambucca Heads Australia
    iMac i5 2.7GHz, 16GB memory, OS 10.11.1.
    Another vote as DW is the greatest!

Remember to visit Alsoft web site and upgrade to the latest version from time to time.

Banks Peninsula, New Zealand
    MacMini 2.4, 8 Gb, OS 10.10 and 10.6; MacBook 2.4, 4 Gb, OS 10.6.8
    Having Disk Warrior will make you ultra-popular amongst your Mac friends. it is the ultimate fixit utility.
    Please post your Mac (or other) specs and MacOS version in your post, your profile or your signature. It helps us to help you better.

I'm leaving now to go and find myself. If I should return before I get back, please ask me to wait.

Quote Originally Posted by hughvane View Post
    Having Disk Warrior will make you ultra-popular amongst your Mac friends. it is the ultimate fixit utility.

Well, I guess that settles it. Actually, I was doing research and discovered it is useful on external HD's. I keep some important home videos on externals. It may come in handy getting the data off if one of those crashes.

Thanks to everyone for the replies.

Thread Information