Downloading microsoft clip art?
    Hello,

Could someone please help me figure out how to download clip art from the microsoft website?
    Images - Clip Art, Photos, Sounds, & Animations - Microsoft Office
    When doing it on a pc it's really easy and goes right into my Word document, but on my mac I can't even open the file...or I don't know what program to use to open it.

Thanks!

Specs:
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
    I have to start off by telling you -- that is some FUGLY clip art. MS should be ashamed of themselves.

Ah well. When I visited the page you linked to, I see a catalog of these fugly images. Mousing over them makes a download option appear. I click that and voila, I have a jpeg file. Because I use Safari, the downloaded file opens automatically in Preview.

Do you have MS Office for Mac?

Specs:
    MacMini 2.4, 8 Gb, OS 10.10 and 10.6; MacBook 2.4, 4 Gb, OS 10.6.8
    Thumbs up Cool Site
    Quote Originally Posted by sunshine1686 View Post
    Could someone please help me figure out how to download clip art from the microsoft website?
    Despite what Chas says about the website's images , it's a simple matter to download. As said, Safari almost does the job for you, but in another browser, Camino in this instance, Option-click downloads the image to a selected destination.

PS. Thank you for posting the site address, I shall be visiting it regularly .
    ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ
    Please post your Mac (or other) specs and MacOS version in your post, your profile or your signature. It helps us to help you better.

I'm leaving now to go and find myself. If I should return before I get back, please ask me to wait.

Wow, I just tried downloading it Safari and I couldn't believe how easy it was! lol. I've has my mac since 2006 and I could never do it with firefox! That was the only reason I ever used my home PC - for Microsoft clipart! haha!

I do have an old (2004) copy of MS Office for mac...but I just got a new macbook pro yesterday and I bought iWork instead!

Thanks for your help!

Specs:
    MacMini 2.4, 8 Gb, OS 10.10 and 10.6; MacBook 2.4, 4 Gb, OS 10.6.8
    Option-click to start a download has been about since OS 9, and works with most browsers because it's a System function rather than software-related.
    ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ
    Please post your Mac (or other) specs and MacOS version in your post, your profile or your signature. It helps us to help you better.

I'm leaving now to go and find myself. If I should return before I get back, please ask me to wait.

Thread Information