New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Problems with Safari 5.0

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

s&g'sdad

s&g'sdad is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 21.5", 4GB RAM, 500 GB hdd 16G wi-fi iPad

Hi all. Ever since I downloaded Safari Version 5.0, we have noticed a definite slowdown in web page and video loading. Has anyone else experienced this? If so, what did you do to remedy the problem? Any help, as always, is appreciated.

Aaron
QUOTE Thanks
eddielee

eddielee is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 20" iM ac,13.3" Aluminium Unibody Macbook, iPhone 4

A friend had a issue with a certain netgear router which basically killed the whole network and the router needed to be restarted every time safari 5 was opened, no issue when using any other browser. Believe its an issue with the DNS cache that safari 5 has.

I had noticed a slower connection when using it with a different netgear router. I'm currently using it at my girlfriends house with a different router and its fine.

Thanks, Eddie
Software Engineering Student, NTU
QUOTE Thanks
schweb

schweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2

Please be sure to search first, this topic has been discussed before and you'll find valuable information already on the forum by using our search function:

Mac-Forums.com - Search Forums

The Community Guidelines state:

Quote:
Post appropriately.
Search first, post things in the right place, use descriptive thread titles, and don't crosspost. Those things will help get you more timely responses and help keep our community nice and tidy.
Thanks for understanding!

schweb | community leader
flickr facebook twitter tumblr google+ about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

QUOTE Thanks
s&g'sdad

s&g'sdad is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 21.5", 4GB RAM, 500 GB hdd 16G wi-fi iPad

Thanks all. I use Open DNS as a tool for parental control and found out all I had to do is add the Open DNS addresses to the DNS pane in> system preferences> network>advanced>DNS. Safari now works just like before the upgrade. Sorry to ask before searching. I get lazy sometimes, and don't feel like reading through lots of stuff.

Aaron
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Will the photo be saved into garage of iphoto? | Grammer check »