New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Starcraft 2 system requirements

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

KiNG Surreal

KiNG Surreal is on a distinguished road

Here they are...
Mac Requirements

Mac Minimum System Requirements:

* Mac® OS X 10.5.8, 10.6.2 or newer
* Intel® Processor
* NVIDIA® GeForce® 8600M GT or ATI Radeon® X1600 or better
* 12 GB available HD space
* 2 GB Ram
* DVD-ROM drive
* Broadband Internet connection
* 1024X720 minimum display resolution

Mac Recommended System Requirements:

* Intel® Core 2 Duo processor
* 4 GB system RAM
* NVIDIA® GeForce® 9600M GT or ATI Radeon® HD 4670 or better

So my macbook has 4 gigs o ram and Nvidia 9400 M, think it will run smoothly if I tone down the graphics settings?
Who's gonna be playing this game?
QUOTE Thanks
Nethfel

Nethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: Late 2013 rMBP, i7, 750m gpu, OSX versions 10.9.3, 10.10

I've already pre-ordered mine. In terms of playability on a 9400m, won't really know for sure until the game is released (unless there are some beta testers here ) I do know I hope the broadband is only for network play and not for single player (assuming they still have a single player story line like they did in the original)

My Macs: Late 2013 rMBP w/ 750m; Mac mini G4, 1.25 GHz, 512m ram (server); Late 2011 11" MBA, 1.8GHz i7, 4Gig Ram, 256Gig SSD, HD3000; Powerbook 12" G4 1.33GHz running Debian as a server; Apple TV (1080p version)
QUOTE Thanks
Roy G Biv

Roy G Biv is on a distinguished road

Does Starcraft II support the 27" iMac's 2560 x 1440 resolution? I'm wondering if my $1700 iMac could run SCII at that resolution comfortably.
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy G Biv View Post
Nice username!

Roy G. Biv

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
trademark

trademark has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: i7 iMac; 8gb DDR3 ram; ati mobility 4850; 1tb seagate harddrive @7200rpm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy G Biv View Post
Does Starcraft II support the 27" iMac's 2560 x 1440 resolution? I'm wondering if my $1700 iMac could run SCII at that resolution comfortably.
Yes. You'd want the 27 inch version with mobility 4850 to play it at native resolution and max graphical settings though. Also do note that starcraft2 performs like garbage in osx compared to windows.
QUOTE Thanks
KiNG Surreal

KiNG Surreal is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nethfel View Post
I've already pre-ordered mine. In terms of playability on a 9400m, won't really know for sure until the game is released (unless there are some beta testers here ) I do know I hope the broadband is only for network play and not for single player (assuming they still have a single player story line like they did in the original)
it will have single-player, they're only releasing the terran part, zerg and toss expansion packs will come later. The sp is supposed to be really in depth
QUOTE Thanks
tsx1968

tsx1968 is on a distinguished road

Any chance this will play on a plain-old Macbook...about 1 year old?
QUOTE Thanks
irs88

irs88 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by trademark View Post
Yes. You'd want the 27 inch version with mobility 4850 to play it at native resolution and max graphical settings though. Also do note that starcraft2 performs like garbage in osx compared to windows.
why is that so?
QUOTE Thanks
tsx1968

tsx1968 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsx1968 View Post
Any chance this will play on a plain-old Macbook...about 1 year old?
Going to find out soon enough. Can't wait.
QUOTE Thanks
Xhius

Xhius is on a distinguished road

you ve asked what i want to ask
my macbook is the same as yours
i'm pretty sure that i will play it with the mini—graphical—setting to make the game fluent
QUOTE Thanks
juice

juice is on a distinguished road

Running a 2.2 ghz, 4 gb RAM macbook pro. Graphics card is GeForce 8600M GT.

Anyone have suggestions on whether or not I can run it?
QUOTE Thanks
oddtimer

oddtimer is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 17" LED-Backlite display, 2.5GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB memory, 512MB VRAM, 320GB HD

I have a 2.5 ghz, 4gb Ram and a GeForce 8600M GT, I am less than satisfied with it's performance running StarCraft II...In order to play smoothly I have had to set the graphics to "low" playing full screen at 1152x720 (which is sad as my laptops native res is 1920x1200!)
QUOTE Thanks
LOTR_FTW

LOTR_FTW is on a distinguished road

Ok, is it even remotely possible to run SC2 with 1gb ram? like on the lowest of the low settings?? Im looking for some cheap 2gb ram to add to my imac so that it has 3gb of ram. my system specs are:

Mac OS X 10.5.8
2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
1 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
ATI Radeon HD 2600 256 VRAM

If there is another specification you need to know please tell me. Oh is it possible to use the Galaxy editor with 1gb ram?
QUOTE Thanks
Dallas

Dallas is on a distinguished road

Im looking at upgrading my macbook for the first time. I bought it in 2007. I know I need more memory, a new graphics card, and Apple said I need to buy the mac box set w/snow leopard since I never downloaded leopard when that came out.

Anyways. Im doing this cuz I want to play Starcraft 2. Can someone please guide me on which macbook memory "card" and which graphic card I should buy? Im not good at this kind of thing.

I would like to shop for whatever you guys lead me to on craigslist or ebay to save money
THANKS A LOT!!
QUOTE Thanks
oddtimer

oddtimer is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 17" LED-Backlite display, 2.5GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB memory, 512MB VRAM, 320GB HD

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddtimer View Post
I have a 2.5 ghz, 4gb Ram and a GeForce 8600M GT, I am less than satisfied with it's performance running StarCraft II...In order to play smoothly I have had to set the graphics to "low" playing full screen at 1152x720 (which is sad as my laptops native res is 1920x1200!)
*Just an Update* I recently installed StarCraft II on my Windows Vista partition and game is running A LOT SMOOTHER!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Smc fancontrol help!!!!!! | Web Browser Help Needed »