New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Looking for Remote Software for Training, Troubleshooting

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

markwco

markwco is on a distinguished road

I am looking for a Remote Screen Sharing type of software that can be used for training and troubleshooting purposes and it needs to work on both Mac and Windows.
The situation I have is I use Mac only except for Windows running under VMWare but I will need to be doing work at home for an office that is 500 miles away and they use Windows only.
I want to be able to view the screen of the computer that is 500 miles away and also be able to control it such as using the mouse to walk the person using that computer through menus and doing work for training purposes. I also if possible want to be fully able to use the computer where I could view files, print files if possible, save files, even copy files to that computer and back to mine.
If possible I'm willing to have software that runs on Windows on my side but I prefer the Mac side but I know I will also need the Windows version for the computer on the other side.
I have known nothing about this type of software. Does anybody have a suggestion of a program I should look into for this purpose?
Thank you for your help.
QUOTE Thanks
louishen

louishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver

What you are after is commonly known and VNC - remote network computing.

There are many commercial packages available,
https://secure.logmein.com/
but it is also easy to get free open source software to do this as well

Geek to Live: How to control your home computer from anywhere

If you also want to copy files, then TRight VNC supports it but I am not sure how Mac OSX clients like Chicken of the VNC do.

Member of the Month September 2008 & August 2012 | Found advice useful? use the rep system
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Q&A: adding and resizing logo to 'Mail 4.3' signature | Trouble connecting to game servers. »