New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Safari and update problems!!!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Stephy1990

Stephy1990 is on a distinguished road

I have a Macbook Pro running snow leopard OS X. I updated my Safari a few weeks ago to the latest version and ever since I've had problems. It worked briefly and gradually got worse until about an inch of the blue bar had loaded; and the spinning disc carries on for a few minutes... I now get impatient and give up!
Firefox works perfectly, but this is rather frustrating. I have an ethernet connection at university and a wireless connection at home, none of which are made any difference. I have checked for later updates but it tells me I'm not connected to the internet; only to tell me further on that my connection is fine, which I know.

Any help is greatly appreciated! I have heard rather negative things about this version of safari.. I know it's not just me experiencing problems!

Thanks.
QUOTE Thanks
schweb

schweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephy1990 View Post

Any help is greatly appreciated! I have heard rather negative things about this version of safari.. I know it's not just me experiencing problems!

Thanks.
There are quite a few people having these types of issues with Safari since the update. To date, I haven't been able to find a solution so I'm waiting for the next release.

In the meantime, I've made Chrome my main browser...I'm actually liking it better than Safari.

Google Chrome - Get a fast new browser. For PC, Mac, and Linux

schweb | community leader
flickr facebook twitter tumblr google+ about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

QUOTE Thanks
Stephy1990

Stephy1990 is on a distinguished road

Ah right, thanks! I'm using Firefox right now and I prefer it too... It just used to be so fast! It's a shame the issue hasn't been addressed by Apple sooner as this has been going on for ages now!
QUOTE Thanks
toMACsh

toMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to all
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core 2 Duo

Quote:
Originally Posted by schweb View Post
I'm waiting for the next release.
Have there been any hints about when 5.0.1 will be available?
QUOTE Thanks
schweb

schweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2

Not that I've seen

schweb | community leader
flickr facebook twitter tumblr google+ about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Software to create iPhone apps? | Please help with word processor language! »