New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Facebook/Flickr Picture Uploading Issues

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

iamsparticus

iamsparticus is on a distinguished road

I've never had any problems uploading my pictures to facebook. Recently, however, I cannot upload ANY pictures to facebook through any available method besides emailing them to my personalized address.

Prior to this, I began using a plugin within Lightroom to upload them to facebook. It work beautifully until one day for no apparent reason it quite simply stopped...working. Now no matter how I try and upload pictures (manually, old uploader, new uploader, Lightroom plugin, aperature plugin, etc) it will begin to upload, get hung up about halfway through, and not budge or timeout. I've got two roomates who can successfully upload them from their inferior windows machines without issue. I've tried pluggin straight into the modem and in DMZ mode so I'm fairly sure it's not a firewall/network issue.

I've been having a lot of problems with what I think is Java. Facebook in general chat is extremely temperamental, Java heavy pages (Gawker media sites) don't load properly sometimes on multiple browsers (Firefox, Camino, Safari, Opera) Camino and Opera work best.

I've tried uploading to flikr as well with the same problem. It's not the pictures themselves, because I've tried multiple photos and one's that I've successfully uploaded in the past to no avail. I've spent HOURS fiddling with java settings, clearing caches, installing new browsers, looking through boards, but I can't fix this and it's driving me INSANE. Please help someone.

Thanks!

Model Name: MacBook Pro 15"
Model Identifier: MacBookPro1,1
Processor Name: Intel Core Duo
Processor Speed: 2 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 2 MB
Memory: 2 GB
Bus Speed: 667 MHz
Boot ROM Version: MBP11.0055.B08
SMC Version (system): 1.2f10
Serial Number (system): W86231FEVWW
Hardware UUID: 00000000-0000-1000-8000-0016CB8DC86B
Sudden Motion Sensor:
State: Enabled

J2SE 5.0 32bit
QUOTE Thanks
iamsparticus

iamsparticus is on a distinguished road

Anyone?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Excel - Modify horizontal axis data | Open links from an email within Apple Mail? »