New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Adium Error on Start of Program

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Ciwan

Ciwan is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac Core i5 2.66GHz - RAM 4GB - OS X Snow Leopard

Hello Guys

I'm very new to Macs, and a kind person pointed me in the direction of the program { Adium } for keeping in contact with all my friends from MSN Messenger.

There is a slight problem though, each and every time I start { Adium } I get an error. Here is a screenshot of the error:

How do I fix this error ? By the way .. this is the first error I've had on the Macs ... yet !!

I would greatly appreciate any help.

Thank You.

"Animals, whom we have made our slaves, we do not like to consider our equal." .... Charles Darwin (1809 - 1882)
QUOTE Thanks
Ciwan

By the way I have already removed all contacts with Yahoo emails from my MSN contact list.

I still get the error. Emails that I have in my list all end with one of the following:

hotmail.com
hotmail.co.uk
live.com
live.co.uk
live.se

Thanks

"Animals, whom we have made our slaves, we do not like to consider our equal." .... Charles Darwin (1809 - 1882)
QUOTE Thanks
schweb

schweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2

Have you tried using the actual Messenger for Mac client to see if you have the same issue?

Download Messenger for Mac | Microsoft Messenger for Mac | Mactopia

If all you're using is MSN it's probably a better choice anyway, and the official client supports audio and video, if you use that.

I love Adium and use it myself, but if you're only really using one IM service, I do think it's a little over kill.

As for the error, I see that error with Adium usually when it's having problems communicating with a specific IM service. It may resolve itself on its own.

schweb | community leader
flickr facebook twitter tumblr google+ about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

QUOTE Thanks
Ciwan

Thanks Schweb

Yes it is only MSN messenger that I am interested in. I did not know they had Messenger for Mac !!

How do I uninstall Adium then ?

Thanks

QUOTE Thanks
schweb

schweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond repute

You're welcome!

To uninstall Adium just go into your Applications folder and drag the Adium icon to the trash.

QUOTE Thanks
Ciwan

LOL I can't believe how simple it is to install and uninstall apps on Macs

I'm loving it so far

QUOTE Thanks
schweb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciwan View Post
LOL I can't believe how simple it is to install and uninstall apps on Macs

I'm loving it so far
Yeah, that's how you can delete most programs. Some of the larger ones Ike Adobe or Office or even some apps that modify system components might come with an actual uninstaller, but for the most part you can just drag and delete.

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Help Deleting an App | suggestions regarding the applications for my macbook »