New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Internet browsing problem

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

chutry

chutry is on a distinguished road

Hi, I am a relatively new Macbook user, and I have been having an odd problem with my computer. When I go to certain websites, including Meetup.com and Statcounter, on my home wireless system, these pages will not open. I have tried both Safari and Firefox and neither seems to work. When these pages are trying to open, I can see in Firefox that the computer is "waiting for google-analytics.com." I also have a problem with unwanted pop-ups, sometimes Google search pages, but occasionally random sales sites.

I tried to go to the same sites using a university's wireless account and a coffeehouse's wireless account yesterday, and all sites worked without any problems and no unwanted sites popped up. So I am guessing there is something wrong with our firewall at home. But what is weird is that my girlfriend has been experiencing no problems at all on her laptop (she has had no problems opening Meetup, etc). Any suggestions?
QUOTE Thanks
chutry

chutry is on a distinguished road

Note: when I look at the history for my browser, I see some variation of the following, wyciwyg://163/http://meetup.com, instead of seeing "Meetup.com" or the page's actual URL.
QUOTE Thanks
schweb

schweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2

Moved...

schweb | community leader
flickr » facebook » twitter » tumblr » google+ » about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Images copied from iPhoto aren't searchable | How to replace an iphoto library »