New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

How do I make a first line indent of a paragraph in iWork?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Viper95

Viper95 is on a distinguished road

Hi there,
I am doing an ICT GCSE and I need to make a First line indent of a paragraph. The course is designed for Windows XP and I don't have a computer running any sort of windows. Please could you tell me how to do this! I am using Pages from iWorks '09 and I'm running Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard.

Thank you very much!
QUOTE Thanks
Nethfel

Nethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: Late 2013 rMBP, i7, 750m gpu, OSX versions 10.9.3, 10.10

I don't use pages really, but have you tried just pressing Tab?

My Macs: Late 2013 rMBP w/ 750m; Mac mini G4, 1.25 GHz, 512m ram (server); Late 2011 11" MBA, 1.8GHz i7, 4Gig Ram, 256Gig SSD, HD3000; Powerbook 12" G4 1.33GHz running Debian as a server; Apple TV (1080p version)
QUOTE Thanks
Viper95

Viper95 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nethfel View Post
I don't use pages really, but have you tried just pressing Tab?

No it doesn't work...
QUOTE Thanks
prrs4me

prrs4me is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MBP 17"(2.8 ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB mem), 21.5" Imac, 15" MBP (2.4 ghz) all running ML

I just tried using tab and it works but you have to press it for each paragraph. So I used google(my best friend) and found this and it works great. Hope this helps.
Pages FAQ: How do I add an indent?
QUOTE Thanks
shades

shades is a jewel in the roughshades is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iMac 21" 8GB, MBP 15" 2.5 Penryn, 4 GB/180 GB

The better long term solution is to define a style for each paragraph type. Thus, if you have "Text" as base paragraph, then define "Text first indent" And indent that appropriately. Now whenever you select that paragraph style, it will always be the same. In fact, if you need to change how that paragraph works, you can change the style sheet and all 219 paragraphs with that definition will instantly change.

As a further note, learning about and using style sheets for all word processors and page layout programs is well worth your time and effort.

Mellel 3, NWP 2, Scrivener 2.3.1, Tinderbox 5.11.2
LibreOffice 3.6, Accordance 10.0, Adobe CS4, DTP 2.4.3
OS X 10.8.2
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Java problem on my Mac OS X 10.4. 11 | Images copied from iPhoto aren't searchable »