New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

View Poll Results: Which web browser do you mainly use?
Safari 321 44.09%
Firefox 201 27.61%
Chrome 186 25.55%
Opera 13 1.79%
Camino 5 0.69%
Other 2 0.27%
Voters: 728. You may not vote on this poll

Which web browser do you use?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

There's a new version of Opera available for download which seems to help speed it up a bit. Otherwise, I much prefer Chrome for speed and ease of use. I'm not a Firefox fan and try to avoid it except when using Linux.
QUOTE Thanks
mypoorbrain

mypoorbrain is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: CPU: 2 GHz Intel Core i7, GPU: Intel HD Graphics 4000 512 MB, Ram: 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR 3, SSD: 250 GB

I'm using Safari. I love the performance and gestures!
QUOTE Thanks
mesut

mesut will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MBA mid-2013

I'm using Chrome.

I actually want to give Safari a go, but I have an Android phone, and I use Chrome on that one as well. Having my bookmarks synced between them, being able to continue what I am doing on phone in the computer (open tabs sync) etc. makes me feel like I won't be using Safari.

However, I read that Mavericks will come with a faster and resource-efficient Safari, so I am tempted to use it.

Do you guys know a way of syncing my Android browser and Safari? That's pretty much why I am still using Chrome.
QUOTE Thanks
knightjp

knightjp is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core 2 Duo w/ 4GB ram running OS X Lion

I just tried to download Firefox 30 and install it. But when trying to mount the .dmg file, it says "no mountable file systems". I thought there might be something wrong with the file so I tried to download another one from the site. Same message.

Any ideas?

Once You've had Mac, you can't go back.... So very true.
If necessity is the mother of invention, she obviously never met Steve Jobs..
Julz - The Panther
QUOTE Thanks
SparkyMac

SparkyMac is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 24" iMac 7.1(Late 2007) Core2 Extreme, 500GB HDD, 4GB MEM / 13" MacBook - Core2 Duo 2GHz, 160GB HDD,

That message appears when the dmg is corrupt or incomplete. Download it again and try. I have Firefox and Safari running but I use Safari more now that I can install AdBlock and other plugins.

Sent from my iPhone using Mac Forums

Twitter Account: @AcceptableGeek
QUOTE Thanks
AliOop

AliOop will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro.

I see this is an old post but here goes. I use Safari 90% of the time on my MBP (2012 model). Works well. Does everything I want. Nothing wrong with Chrome or Firefox. But I think I'll stick with Safari.
QUOTE Thanks
Greenman

Greenman is on a distinguished road

I'm using Chrome most of the time, as Safari 8 is giving me trouble

won't have one !
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« What happened to the File-Managementsystems like MacJournal, Yojimbo, Together...? | Audiobooks tracks in iTunes 12 do not seem to be of "the same kind of media" »