New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

newbie HELP! toast titanium 10: merge backup files??

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

tomizlav

tomizlav is on a distinguished road

hi,

i am pretty new in the mac community, couldnīt resist the latest mbp upgrades ;-) so u must excuse my ignorance of it (and my lousy english, however). now i have big trouble:

after one month of using the mac i am very impressed of how easy the switch between it and windows worked, and i begin to comprehend how the structures (folder structures, system settings... no registry, hallelujah!) work.

but now i have a serious software issue:
i created a backup of all my important files with toast titanium "Get Backup 2 RE". i had to split the file into 50 parts (2,5GB/part) to be able to copy the backup onto an external FAT32 hdd.

"Get Backup 2 RE" created 50 files indexed with the extensions: .tar.aaa .tar.aab .tar.aac and so on.

after i deleted the original files and formatted the mac hd for a brand new system, i tried to merge those parts, BUT: neither "Get Backup 2 RE" nor simply deleting the .aaa extension and letting the .tar extract works: toast titanium and getbackup do not recognize the file format, and whe i try to unpack the .tar files, there appears the error "Fehler 1 - Der Vorgang ist nicht zugelassen" wich means "error 1 - action is not allowed".

hmm, any suggestions?

thnx for help, if there is any ;-)
QUOTE Thanks
tomizlav

tomizlav is on a distinguished road

so, no suggestions?

its a bunch of indexed .tar files, and when i open the first one with winrar on windows, the content of the archive appears, and its the right files. but anytime in windows an in mac osx there is this error...

anybody knows s.t. about .tar data? and how i open the archiver manually on mac? didnīt find it in the program folders or in spotlight...

cheers.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Does Office 2011 supports RTL | Open sdl problem »