MSN for mac malfunctioning!
    Very bizarre happenings when I open MSN for Mac. And it doesn't matter which version of MSN for Mac I use but when I open all my contacts are shown as "blocked" and then windows pop-up asking me if I want to let these people see me as "online" etc.

Any ideas why this is happening? Perhaps a conflict with another program? Adium works fine.

Thanks

I just tried MSN for Mac with my macbook and the same thing happens

Specs:
    2009 13.3" MacBook Pro: 300GB HDD, 2.53 GHz, 4GB DDR3 RAM/ 80GB iPod Video Classic
    This is happening to me as well!!!

I open up MSN and it asks me if I'd like to add all of my contacts. After I do, all of my contacts are blocked and I cannot unblock them. I've used a different Macbook Pro to try and see if it fixes the problem and it seems to work fine. I've used ebuddy and it works. On my Macbook Pro, I just installed MSN 8 to see if that fixed the problem, but it hasn't worked.

I've restarted MSN and my computer but nothing works!!

Any solutions?

Thanks

EDIT/SOLUTION: I fixed the problem by clearing my account history. To do this, log out and click the "Sign in with a different passport" text. There should be a "Clear Account History" button. After this is done, just re-type your information in and voila!

Specs:
    15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
    Appreciate posting back your solution Sparhawk.
    I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
    In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.

Specs:
    MBPU 13" (Late '09); 2.53GHz 4GB; OSX 10.6.3
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk_16 View Post
    EDIT/SOLUTION: I fixed the problem by clearing my account history. To do this, log out and click the "Sign in with a different passport" text. There should be a "Clear Account History" button. After this is done, just re-type your information in and voila!
    Brilliant! Apart from a few more one-time notifications, this seems to have fixed the problem for me as well. Kudos!

EDIT/SOLUTION: I fixed the problem by clearing my account history. To do this, log out and click the "Sign in with a different passport" text. There should be a "Clear Account History" button. After this is done, just re-type your information in and voila![/QUOTE]

U are the man!!!!! thx!!!

Thread Information