New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

rich text/HTML not displaying in Mail

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

lemac

lemac is on a distinguished road

Hello everyone,

Mail has recently stopped displaying rich text or html content recently in my 2 POP accounts. Incoming messages display properly in Entourage but not in Mail. I can send rich text messages but when I view them in the Sent folder the formatting is all gone. Recipients get them fine.

I tested Mail with 2 backups, one done just before the 10.6.4 update about a week ago. Rich text was gone then. However rich text was displaying with the backup done 2 weeks earlier. I don't know what caused the problem and I am not sure when it started.

I am really scratching my head on this. Preferences seem fine. I rebuilt mailboxes, created a new account to no avail. Am I missing something here? Any help would be appreciated.

MacBook 2.2 GHz
4 GB RAM
Mail 4.3 (1081)
QUOTE Thanks
lemac

lemac is on a distinguished road

Oh boy this problem took me a long way unnecessarily. After reloading the 10.6.4 update, reinstalling 10.6 and the 10.6.4 update again, playing with every file of the User/Library/Mail folder I could still not get the thing to work. I finally discovered the culprit: the Mail preference file (com.apple.mail.plist) in the User/Library/Preferences folder was corrupted. Why did I not think of that little guy before and save hours of headaches?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Rome Total War - Console cheat screen? | Where do you GUI modders get your icons from and: »