New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Cant authorize my computer in iTunes

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Crisi4444

Crisi4444 is on a distinguished road

Hello,

I need some help authorizing my computer with my itunes account.
I'm trying to sync my iTouch but everytime it try's to sync apps it says i have to authorize my computer.
I enter my username and password but then it comes up with a 1008 Error saying "We could not complete your iTunes store request.
An unknown Error occured (1008)"

P.S: Im using itunes 9.1.1

Please help me........
Thx
Crisi4444
QUOTE Thanks
Raz0rEdge

Raz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 5 & 5S, iPod Nano 7th Gen, iPad 2 16GB WiFi, iPad 3

So if you goto Store->View My Account, does it say how many machines are authorized? you can have up to 5 authorized. If you are within the limit, does Store->Authorize This Computer spit out that error?

Regards
QUOTE Thanks
Crisi4444

4 have been authorized and the other method doesnt work either im afraid.
QUOTE Thanks
Chris H.

Chris H. is a jewel in the roughChris H. is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: late 2009 MacBook - 10.9

Okay, have you tried updating iTunes to 9.2? This might solve your problem.

What Razor is trying to ask is when you click on "Authorize this Computer" in the "Store" menu, does it give you the 1008 error? You can have up to five authorized computers.

Let me make it point to say that when you stop using one computer with iTunes and replace it with another, de authorize the old computer first.

 iPad mini 1st gen - iOS 7.1.2
 iPod touch 5th gen - iOS 7.1.2
 Mac mini Server M10 - OS X 10.9.4
 MacBook Uni L09 - OS X 10.10 PB1
QUOTE Thanks
Crisi4444

I have updated to 9.2 but even if i try it through the store tab it gives me that annoying 1008 error -.-
I have 4 computers authorized so there shouldnt be a problem there.
QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

It doesn't sound as though this is the same issue, but googling your error message turns up this suggestion:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple Discussion Forums
I went in my prefrences and in the store tab I changed my prefernce from "Buy using a shopping cart" to "Buy and download using 1 click." When I did this and went to purchase the item it went through fine.
QUOTE Thanks
mtbinva

mtbinva will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 15"MBP 2.66, 750GB 7200RPM HD, 8GB RAM; iPhone4S 64GB; 32GB iPad, White, AT&T.

In the same vein, how does one remove authorizations on systems that no longer exist?
QUOTE Thanks
roeiboot

roeiboot will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MB061LL/B & iPhone4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbinva View Post
In the same vein, how does one remove authorizations on systems that no longer exist?
on that computer iTunes > Store > Deauthorize This Computer..

~rb
iPhone 4 /16GB MacBook3,1 iPad my blog
QUOTE Thanks
mtbinva

Mac Specs: 15"MBP 2.66, 750GB 7200RPM HD, 8GB RAM; iPhone4S 64GB; 32GB iPad, White, AT&T.

The PC(s) no longer exists, so I cannot go to it and Deauthorize it.
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

I don't think you can do individual computers but IIRC, you can reset all authorizations. So, it's an all or nothing (if you don't have access to those machines).

EDIT: Indeed, I was right. Note the note under "To deauthorize all computers associated with your account" though: "You may only use this feature once per year. The Deauthorize All button will not appear if you have fewer than 5 authorized computers, or if you have used this option within the last 12 months."

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Personal Twitter
QUOTE Thanks
Chris H.

Chris H. is a jewel in the roughChris H. is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: late 2009 MacBook - 10.9

Based on what vansmith is saying, it looks like you're SOL on de authorizing an old computer if you have under five authorized. However, there is a way to fix this:

Find a computer with iTunes, authorize it, and then on your home computer, de authorize all computers, and reauthorize the computers you want authorized.

 iPad mini 1st gen - iOS 7.1.2
 iPod touch 5th gen - iOS 7.1.2
 Mac mini Server M10 - OS X 10.9.4
 MacBook Uni L09 - OS X 10.10 PB1
QUOTE Thanks
mtbinva

Seems to be the only way. Thanks for all the input!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Itunes no lonher works, well done apple lol | Open Office Really messed up »