New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

How Do I Remove An Update?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

PGB1

PGB1 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mac Book Pro 2.2 Ghz 2 GB RAM Running OSX 10.6.8

Hi Everyone!
I installed the update for Safari to bring it to version 4.1 on my Macbook Pro running OSX 10.4.11 Immediately after installing the update, all kinds of goofy stuff is happening. Most notably, "Server Not Found" errors. (I've got a post about that one here.)

I absolutely can't find an answer on how to solve this (& some other) problems that started after the Safari update. So, is there a way to remove an update & go back to the old (reliable) version?

Thank you all very much,
Paul
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz OS X.9.4

If you are using an application such as AppTrap or AppDelete, simply drag Safarti icon from Applications folder to Trash, empty it, download and install version 4.0.5:-

Safari 4.0.5 (Snow Leopard, Leopard, Tiger, Windows)
QUOTE Thanks
Lightnin Rick

Lightnin Rick is on a distinguished road

I have the same Problem. I have been researching the last 3 days on a fix, and so far nothing works, for me. I see there are alot with the problem. Worse than a beta. All I could find is go back to what I had before the Update.
QUOTE Thanks
Collin Bl

Collin Bl is a jewel in the roughCollin Bl is a jewel in the roughCollin Bl is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 27 iMac i5, MBP 13 & iMac 20, 2TB dual TC, AppleTV, iPh4S

Bird and Rick - now is a good time to get your Back up scene sorted then when u have these issues, it is dead easy to revert to latest back up.
QUOTE Thanks
PGB1

Thanks All for the help ideas.
I'll try to ditch Safari & Re-Install- But a previous version.
I wonder if my bookmarks will vanish when I ditch Safari?
I do have a clone of my hard drive. Can I yank Safari.app from it?
thanks Again,
Paul
QUOTE Thanks
Collin Bl

Collin Bl is a jewel in the roughCollin Bl is a jewel in the roughCollin Bl is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 27 iMac i5, MBP 13 & iMac 20, 2TB dual TC, AppleTV, iPh4S

Before you do that Bird - try downloading and installing this - it may sort things for you.
QUOTE Thanks
PGB1

Thanks For The Tip Colin!
I downloaded the dmg just now. But, before I install it-
I'm already running 10.4.11 Will installing it goof things up, or simply put me back to the Safari that worked?
Will I lose my bookmarks? (Assuming I would lose the bookmarks- Sadly, my latest back up includes the new Safari) So if I use the file to return my bookmarks, would I also be restoring the Evil Safari along with them?
Thanks Again,
Paul
Thanks,
Paul
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« can't send email, do audio or video chat in iChat... | IDVD Problem - DVD not working on all T.V's &/ or DVD players? »