New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

any mac users that use Gmail ?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

iluvthsgam

anybody out there on a mac that uses Gmail ? I love gmail because it gives me the ability to have all my mail exactly how i want it, at any browser on any computer. however, i do miss outlook express and how that was set up. now that i just switched to osx away from the office, has anyone configured gmail with a mail client? how did u like it ?
QUOTE Thanks
dstopsky

dstopsky is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mac no more - Sony Vaio FZ4000

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvthsgam
anybody out there on a mac that uses Gmail ? I love gmail because it gives me the ability to have all my mail exactly how i want it, at any browser on any computer. however, i do miss outlook express and how that was set up. now that i just switched to osx away from the office, has anyone configured gmail with a mail client? how did u like it ?
Yeah, gmail works fine with Mail. I don't use mine that much though but it's always good to have.
QUOTE Thanks
PowerBookG4

PowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.

I don't use GMail, got an ivite a while back but decided not to take it, sticking with verizon.

My Website
Blog
I love my hosting company!
I was on the M-F honor roll for Febuary:2006
QUOTE Thanks
CaptainMack

i use it.
QUOTE Thanks
Kokopelli

I use gmail (among others) with Mail. It is email, but not the holy grail. I feel the inbox could be improved a great deal but it works. With a combination of rules and smart mailboxes I have everything arranged for my convenience, but it took a bit of tweaking.
QUOTE Thanks
Ilnyckyj

Ilnyckyj is on a distinguished road

works fine for me with Mail
QUOTE Thanks
Ey3 D

Gmail is awesome, even though I have 2 other email addresses (keep telling people to use the gmail one!). But the weird thing is that I don't remember how I got it. My friend got it from his friend, but his computer was busted and he couldn't send me the invite. I think I like got a job for Google (somehow) and then just like gmail...Mystery...
QUOTE Thanks
j5ive

yea i use it with mail.. it works just fine... if anyone needs any invites drop me an email at suhshi@gmail.com with subject need gmail and i will invite you =)
QUOTE Thanks
sarahsboy18

sarahsboy18 is just really nicesarahsboy18 is just really nicesarahsboy18 is just really nicesarahsboy18 is just really nice
Mac Specs: Mac Pro, 8-Core 2.8Ghz, 10GB RAM, 2x1TB HDDs, iPod U2 Edition

I use it with mail and it has worked really well for me as a secondary account.

"If you had a friend who was a tightrope walker, and you were walking down a sidewalk, and he fell, that would be completely unacceptable." -Mitch Hedberg
QUOTE Thanks
Ey3 D

Gonna set my gmail account up on Mail right now!
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

I have used Gmail with Mail for over a year now. Works great.
QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

I have one too... I basically use it as my online Spam receiving account so I can keep my personal address off the internet.
QUOTE Thanks
Tel

I use Gmail with Mail, works great.
QUOTE Thanks
bellastrada

bellastrada is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: IMac 2.8GHz Dualcore 24'' / 2GB SDRAM / Snow Leopard 10.6.1 / external HD LaCie 500Gb

I have one Gmail, one yahoo, two hotmail addresses and I can look at them all on Entourage.

:cool: The day Microsoft makes something that doesn’t suck is probably the day they start making vacuum cleaners... !

www.icompositions.com/artists/avanos68
QUOTE Thanks
Ryanstech

Gmail is my favorite webmail, and I've had quite a few. I don't need the 2GB of storage but the "conversation-style" inbox is perfect. Labels are handy too.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« World of Warcraft Mac Specs | Permissions...? »