2 and DVDs. LibDVDCSS
    My school has nearly completed the process of going all apple. All the Macs had an app called You could drag the icon of a DVD onto the selection area to select it then click save to save an ISO image of DVDs. DVDs are encrypted but that encryption can be broken by use of the libdvdcss package, as I have learned in my time with Ubuntu Linux.

I just got a MacBook Pro for graduation. I have downloaded and even got a copy of the app that is installed on the school computers, but my computer won't copy DVDs. I assume that this is because it is not using the libdvdcss package to decrypt the DVDs. I have installed which has a copy of the libdvdcss package inside. When using handbrake, it recognized that VLC was installed and used the copy of libdvdcss that it contained. I'm assuming that this is what should happen with Burn. But alas, it does not.

What do I need to do to get Burn to copy DVDs like my Linux box can do flawlessly? I don't want to use HandBrake because it only saves a video file. Sometimes I want to have the entire DVD copied, which burn does. Or at least it did at school. . .

Please help.

Crawley, England
    20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
    This can't be discussed, as it's illegal to break encryption on DVD's.
    Try my custom Mac Forums Search Engine: Mac Forums Google Search

Please use the reputation system if you consider any help given useful (it's the little ✓/✘ on the left <---)

Modesto, Ca.
    iMac late 2007 10.11.b4, iMac 2008 10.10.5, Macbook2007 10.7.5, Mac Mini 10.7.5, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!
    Like Kevriano stated, we do not allow any discussion of breaking any Encryption on DVD's. It's against USA Law and our forums are in the USA.

Thread Information