Choppy audio with iMovie
    I converted an AVI file to MOV using iSkysoft converter, and when I transferred it to iMovie, the audio was choppy as ****. Any suggestions?

Edit: K I actually figured out what was causing the problem, when I put the file into the converter, for some reason it stretched it out to about twice the length. So, when I converted it, the video was fine, but the audio was sped way up. How do I fix this?

Late 2013 rMBP, i7, 750m gpu, OSX versions 10.9.3, 10.10
    Yeah, don't use iSkysoft. It's basically scam soft. Here's a small poll from other users on a different forum:

and here's another set of comments:

And that doesn't include the numerous threads about it here on Mac-Forums

Basically - just get a few simple tools for your conversion toolset:

Perian - ( Perian - The swiss-army knife of QuickTime components ) for expanded container / codec support in Quicktime.

Mpegstreamclip - ( Squared 5 - MPEG Streamclip video converter for Mac and Windows ) a very powerful converter program that supports many input and output containers and codecs.

Handbrake ( HandBrake ) Basically the standard program that most people use for converting video. Designed to work with MANY input containers/codecs (including .ts files) and outputs to mp4 or mkv containers, mp4 is probably your best bet for compatibility with quicktime and such. mkv files can easily be played in many other video players like vlc or plex.
    My Macs: Late 2013 rMBP w/ 750m; Mac mini G4, 1.25 GHz, 512m ram (server); Late 2011 11" MBA, 1.8GHz i7, 4Gig Ram, 256Gig SSD, HD3000; Powerbook 12" G4 1.33GHz running Debian as a server; Apple TV (1080p version)

Thread Information