New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Photoshop Camera Raw hangs.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

iMacjack

iMacjack is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: IMAC Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4Ghz, 4gb Ram

Hi Guys,

Hope everyone's having a good time here on planet earth, or wherever you maybe!

I've had Photoshop CS4 installed on my iMac for about a year now and it's never given me any grief. However yesterday I downloaded some raw files from my camera and when I went to open them from Bridge, Bridge hung. The way out was a Force Quit. If I try to open a file directly from PS then PS hangs. Opening jpg's are fine. So it would appear that the Camera Raw is causing this problem.

On another forum someone mentioned doing the following which I have done without success: Check Permission database and verify or repair disk. Reinstall Photoshop, which I've done but only on top of existing installation.

Any great ideas would be much appreciated.

Many thanks,

Jack
QUOTE Thanks
Doug b

Doug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5

Before doing anything drastic, I'd suggest trying to import different RAW files from a different memory card, just to rule out the possibility of a corrupt file or even bad memory card.

Doug
QUOTE Thanks
iMacjack

Good idea Doug, but I tried that. I opened a file that I previously converted and it still doesn't work. I can still process with the Canon software that came with the camera but my workflow has been upset and I am desperate to get this working again. I you think of anything else that might help feel free to let it out.

Cheers!
QUOTE Thanks
iMacjack

Does anybody know where I can look to see if the camera raw files are still there and complete. As I share this Mac with another person, who usually uses their own profile, but on occasion gets lazy and uses mine. Perhaps files have been deleted. Also, is it possible to update camera raw or reinstall it?
QUOTE Thanks
iMacjack

Ok, here's the thing.. I tried a different profile and guess what, it worked. So my profile must be corrupt or something. The question is, can I fix it? Oh please say yes!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Safari / Comcast.net SLOW? | Can't transfer songs to itunes. »