New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

OS 10.5 to Leopard then down and then back???

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

qqqqqqqq

qqqqqqqq is an unknown at this point

iLife is now...read on....

Please help me with my installation issues.

I bought a refurb iMac that came with an upgrade to SNow Leopard which I installed first thing.

I wanted some additional software that I could only get a version that would work with the previous operating system ( I guess that is 10.5?)
SO I downgraded - I don't remember exactly how - think I just used the base install disks I was sent 10.5.6.
Ultimately I decided I liked the SNow Leopard version better and upgraded again with the provided upgrade disk
Now

My issue that I can recognize is in iLife applications. They say things like reinstall. Missing components. etc.

SO I used the Applications Install DVD (the one that lists that it holds the ilife items) it does its thing = software successfully installed yet when I open the programs they still say reinstall.

What solutions can anyone offer me? Please
QUOTE Thanks
Raz0rEdge

Raz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 5 & 5S, iPod Nano 7th Gen, iPad 2 16GB WiFi, iPad 3

Talking of pirated software is not allowed on this forum..so good luck with your problem..

Regards
QUOTE Thanks
clayneal

clayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s

yep , right up until you admitted to being a pirate you would have probably gotten some help . I would bet your on your own now.....

Clay

MY ADVICE COMES WITH A DOUBLE YOUR MONEY BACK GUARANTEE!
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Oh, the issues that can be caused.

At this point, I'd suggest you try wiping the drive and doing a clean install.
There's no telling how some pirated software may have affected your system.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz OS X.9.4 and OS X.10

Looks like the pirated software mention has been corrected Do as our administrator says. Pop in your Apple disc, format the hard drive erasing everything you have installed, and do a nice new clean install.

For Snow Leopard make sure you have a genuine Apple install disc. Pirated software often comes with trojans installed to snare the inexperienced. Pirated iWork was a particularly nasty trojan.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« MacMail | Saft weirdness with tabs »