Exclamation NoMachine on Secondary Display
    I use NoMachine on my Macs to access my Linux boxen. It's a very wonderful FeeNX server that (in my opinion) makes VNC all but obsolete!

Well I just inherited a rather nice (if old) Mac Pro G5 with two big displays to do my SA work on. One is a 24" display and the second one is a 23" display.

In an ideal world I would be able to drag the NoMachine window over to the second monitor. Sadly for some strange reason when I drag the NM window over to the second display it only makes it about 3/4 of the way and then STOPS. It is not possible to drag the window all the way to the second monitor.

One of my fellow SA's posited that X Windows (on which NoMachine relies) doesn't realize that it has all of this screen real estate to deal with.

Assuming that's true, how do I tell X Windows on my Mac OS X Leopard box to use all the display area it has available to it? Both displays work normally, just not for X windows it would seem.

I am also open to other theories as to why this may not be working if the X Windows theory doesn't sound right to you.

Thanks in advance!

Specs:
    Late 2013 rMBP, i7, 750m gpu, OSX versions 10.9.3, 10.10
    Check out this thread here: The macosxhints Forums - View Single Post - Leopard and X11 - it's a common problem and it's not that X11 can't move the window, more that the mouse pointer can't leave the primary display...
    My Macs: Late 2013 rMBP w/ 750m, 16Gig ram; 2013 Mac Pro 6 core w/ D700, 16Gig Ram; Mac mini G4, 1.25 GHz, 512m ram (server); Late 2011 11" MBA, 1.8GHz i7, 4Gig Ram, 256Gig SSD, HD3000; Powerbook 12" G4 1.33GHz running Linux; Apple TV (1080p version)

nomachines draggability
    hi and thanks for the suggestion! well I looked at the link and decided to do the same. I moved the tool bar to the secondary display (making that primary) and then launched nomachines, hoping that the windows I opened would stay put on the second display when I reverted back.

but when I moved the menu bar back to the primary display (the larger one) the nomachine window jumped onto that screen! gaah! it seems that nomachines (and maybe all x apps?) only work on the primary.

even when the nomachine window was on the second display it wouldn't drag to the other monitor. Mind you I can drag ANY normal mac window to any display and I get mouse movement across the entire area of both displays.

any thoughts?

Specs:
    Late 2013 rMBP, i7, 750m gpu, OSX versions 10.9.3, 10.10
    I think, from what I read, it is still mouse related when it comes to X. Like how you were mentioning you could drag the window 3/4 way onto the other screen then stops - it's probably stopping roughly where you grabbed the window title bar with the mouse pointer. I think you're going to be stuck having the X display on whichever window is primary then just have to have your other apps display in the secondary window - it'll be annoying tho with the menu bar always in the opposite window...

Either that or attempt to drag the X window 90% of the way over as long as you don't need to enter data into it (ie: if you're using it only for displaying output)
    My Macs: Late 2013 rMBP w/ 750m, 16Gig ram; 2013 Mac Pro 6 core w/ D700, 16Gig Ram; Mac mini G4, 1.25 GHz, 512m ram (server); Late 2011 11" MBA, 1.8GHz i7, 4Gig Ram, 256Gig SSD, HD3000; Powerbook 12" G4 1.33GHz running Linux; Apple TV (1080p version)

Thread Information