Specs:
    15in MBP 2.5GHz Core2Duo | 1.83Ghz Dual G5 PowerMac | 2.0 GHz Dual G5 PowerMac
    iTunes video format?
    I'm trying to import some video files into iTunes on a Windows machine for my sister's iPod touch 3G, but iTunes won't accept them, and won't give me any errors either. It just basically does nothing. It's the updated version of iTunes, and the files are AVIs. Do they need to be in MP4 for it to work?
    -Matt

Quote Originally Posted by mknabster View Post
    I'm trying to import some video files into iTunes on a Windows machine for my sister's iPod touch 3G, but iTunes won't accept them, and won't give me any errors either. It just basically does nothing. It's the updated version of iTunes, and the files are AVIs. Do they need to be in MP4 for it to work?
    Yes, unfortunately iTunes is very narrow in the types of videos that it will support. You can convert them with various transcoding tools out there. Handbrake is free and widely recommended. It even has presets with optimal settings for iPods.

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
    ------
    Links: Onyx | EasyFind | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | The Safe Mac Adware Removal Guide | Uninstall MacKeeper
    ------
    Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.

Specs:
    15in MBP 2.5GHz Core2Duo | 1.83Ghz Dual G5 PowerMac | 2.0 GHz Dual G5 PowerMac
    Quote Originally Posted by lifeisabeach View Post
    Yes, unfortunately iTunes is very narrow in the types of videos that it will support. You can convert them with various transcoding tools out there. Handbrake is free and widely recommended. It even has presets with optimal settings for iPods.
    Eh, I do have video converting software called Xilisoft which actually has ipod touch formats. Would that be fine?
    -Matt

Quote Originally Posted by mknabster View Post
    Eh, I do have video converting software called Xilisoft which actually has ipod touch formats. Would that be fine?
    I've never heard of it. If it says it has presets for the iPod Touch and you like the software otherwise, then have at it.

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
    ------
    Links: Onyx | EasyFind | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | The Safe Mac Adware Removal Guide | Uninstall MacKeeper
    ------
    Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.

Thread Information