New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Safari Craigslist help

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

quackbook

quackbook is an unknown at this point

I am trying to post ads on craigslist in Safari 4 on my G3 iMac running 10.4.11 Tiger.

When I get to the page saying "To finalize your post, type each of the following words into the box below and click continue.", there is no image box that pops up.

I don't have this problem this problem when doing the same thing with my MBP using Snow Leopard.

I've done a search on google and it seems like some people are having this same problem but not solution has been put forth.

thanks in advance
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

I have had this problem as well...on my older Mac's (G3, G4, G5)...and with my desktop Mac Pro. So I'm not 100% what the problem is. It doesn't seem to be 100% hardware, 100% Safari version, or 100% OS version related.

I would say that if you have not had problems posting on CL with your MBP...just use the MBP for posting on CL.

HTH,

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
quackbook

relying only on the MBP is not an option since the G3 iMac belongs to a buddy of mine who I am trying to help.

I really need a solution to resolve this issue.

thank you
QUOTE Thanks
Raz0rEdge

Raz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 5 & 5S, iPod Nano 7th Gen, iPad 2 16GB WiFi, iPad 3

Since Safari 4 is the newest version available, you'd think that CL would be completely happy with it..have you tried other browsers, does Firefox work on a G3?

Regards
QUOTE Thanks
quackbook

I just tested it, the CAPTCHA does work in firefox.
But since the issue has arisen, how do I get it to work in Safari?
I assure you that I will lose sleep on this issue unless it is resolved
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by quackbook View Post
relying only on the MBP is not an option since the G3 iMac belongs to a buddy of mine who I am trying to help.
In your original post you said...

Quote:
Originally Posted by quackbook View Post
I am trying to post ads on craigslist in Safari 4 on my G3 iMac running 10.4.11 Tiger.
You said that it was Your G3 iMac...and you said you also had a MacBook Pro...so that would lead anyone trying to help you out that you had two Macintosh computers.

If this is actually your friends G3 iMac...you should have mentioned that in your original post!

Like I mentioned in my earlier post...I have this same problem with CL on my G3, G4, G5, and Intel Mac computers...with different OS versions, and different versions of Safari. So the CL problem doesn't seem to be solely related to the age of the computer, version of the OS, or version of Safari.

- Nick

- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
QUOTE Thanks
Raz0rEdge

Raz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 5 & 5S, iPod Nano 7th Gen, iPad 2 16GB WiFi, iPad 3

Since it works with Firefox, it is likely not a G3 issue but something to do with Safari. Have you tried to clear all cache, restart Safari and the Mac?

Regards
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

I've had the same issue with CL and 10.4, 10.5, & 10.6 along with all the versions of Safari during that time. Sometimes it works, sometimes, it doesn't. I had found a way to do it a while back when it's not - but I'm gettin' old and senile and can't 'member what I did. Tested it tonight and it's working right now, so...

It did have something to do with clicking the first submit button without even putting anything in the captcha box - then when it reloads, I could see the captcha, write it down, then scroll to the box to type it in or something along those lines.

This really is just another of the long line of reasons to have at least two if not three browsers on your machine for those sites that just won't work with one or the other. This particular issue is bound to be a coding issue with CL and there is nothing you're going to do on your machine to fix it.

(Just as an aside - Not so much a big deal in this particular case, but you'll find a great many will take issue with a change of story mid-stream.)

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtomay View Post
I've had the same issue with CL and 10.4, 10.5, & 10.6 along with all the versions of Safari during that time. Sometimes it works, sometimes, it doesn't.
This has been my experience exactly! Different computers, different OS versions, and different versions of Safari. It's not a 100% "no go" on any 1 computer...sometimes posting on CL works & sometimes it doesn't.

- Nick

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« I'm THIS close to giving up on Chrome... | MS Office 2008 - IN FRENCH! HELP »