New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Font shortcuts

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Tegean

Tegean is on a distinguished road

I'm using OS 10.6.3 and am creating a database using AppleWorks 6.2.9. The entries in the database use two fonts, one English and one Greek, sometimes in the same field. This means I have to switch from one font to another regularly. Doing this by pulling down the Format/Font menu and scrolling down to the next font and then back again is extremely time-consuming. it would be hard enough if the scrolling was fast, but it isn't: it takes me about fifteen seconds to switch from one font to another and another fifteen seconds to switch back to the first font. Can anybody suggest a solution to this problem, maybe something like a shortcut that would enable me to switch fonts with a single keystroke?
Many thanks.
QUOTE Thanks
toMACsh

toMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to all
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core 2 Duo

I just copy and paste text from the font I want to switch to, then replace that text with the new entry. Of course, that only works once you have all the fonts in the document that your want to use. I think you can also change it after the fact using the toolbar command to match the style of a selected entry. I don't know of a keyboard shortcut to initiate a font switch. There are so many fonts, you'd need a kazillion shortcuts!
QUOTE Thanks
Tegean

Tegean is on a distinguished road

I appreciate the response.
QUOTE Thanks
toMACsh

toMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to all
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core 2 Duo

Well I don't use AppleWorks anymore. Can't even install it on my Mini. My son still has it on his ancient iBook, but he's in another State. It would be nice if there was a menu item to "select Font" from the document. That is, click that, then pick a word in a font on the document that you want to switch to, then type in the selected font. My CAD background is showing! (It does that for layers.)
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Local Calendars with ical | PDF files larger than original documents. »