New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Getting MP3 from Downloads to i-Pod?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Mikeo1938

Mikeo1938 is on a distinguished road

I normally buy from the i-Tunes store but today bought an MP3 download from another site. I can see it in Downloads and listen to it on the Mac (OS 10.6.3) but can't see how to move it to the i-Pod.
Thanks in advance.
M
QUOTE Thanks
Kevriano

Kevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.

Import it into iTunes by dragging it from the downloads folder into the iTunes window, and then sync your iPod as you would normally, being sure to add the new songs to any playlists you usually sync.
Job done.

Try my custom Mac Forums Search Engine: Mac Forums Google Search

Please use the reputation system if you consider any help given useful (it's the little ✓/✘ on the left <---)

QUOTE Thanks
Mikeo1938

Thanks ... everything went as you say. In the end I dragged from Downloads to Desktop and from there to i-Tunes. When I tried to drag from Downloads a whole lot of other files became selected.
QUOTE Thanks
Mikeo1938

Hello again Keviano and thanks. But where to find the reputation system?
QUOTE Thanks
Kevriano

Kevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.

Click the little tick/cross in the bottom under my name panel, and it brings it up. And thanks!
Tip: If you highlight the downloads folder in the dock (by hovering the cursor on it), pick a download and hold the Apple and "i" key, it opens the downloads folder in the finder.

Try my custom Mac Forums Search Engine: Mac Forums Google Search

Please use the reputation system if you consider any help given useful (it's the little ✓/✘ on the left <---)

QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

And if the file is iTunes compatible to begin with - I download from several places including Amazon, Magnatune and Audible - just double click the mp3 in the downloads folder, it'll auto import it into iTunes.

After I buy an album or multi part book, I just go down the line and double click each one of them - it'll start the import process and start playing when it's done. You only need to hit the pause button in iTunes once to stop them playing after the last one to be imported this way.

After importing - if you have iTunes set to manage the library, you can delete all the files in the downloads folder.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« [Major Problem] cannot empty trash. | Mail version 4.2 Bug »