Getting MP3 from Downloads to i-Pod?
    I normally buy from the i-Tunes store but today bought an MP3 download from another site. I can see it in Downloads and listen to it on the Mac (OS 10.6.3) but can't see how to move it to the i-Pod.
    Thanks in advance.
    M

Specs:
    20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
    Import it into iTunes by dragging it from the downloads folder into the iTunes window, and then sync your iPod as you would normally, being sure to add the new songs to any playlists you usually sync.
    Job done.
    Try my custom Mac Forums Search Engine: Mac Forums Google Search

Please use the reputation system if you consider any help given useful (it's the little ✓/✘ on the left <---)

Thanks ... everything went as you say. In the end I dragged from Downloads to Desktop and from there to i-Tunes. When I tried to drag from Downloads a whole lot of other files became selected.

Hello again Keviano and thanks. But where to find the reputation system?

Specs:
    20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
    Click the little tick/cross in the bottom under my name panel, and it brings it up. And thanks!
    Tip: If you highlight the downloads folder in the dock (by hovering the cursor on it), pick a download and hold the Apple and "i" key, it opens the downloads folder in the finder.
    Try my custom Mac Forums Search Engine: Mac Forums Google Search

Please use the reputation system if you consider any help given useful (it's the little ✓/✘ on the left <---)

Specs:
    15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
    And if the file is iTunes compatible to begin with - I download from several places including Amazon, Magnatune and Audible - just double click the mp3 in the downloads folder, it'll auto import it into iTunes.

After I buy an album or multi part book, I just go down the line and double click each one of them - it'll start the import process and start playing when it's done. You only need to hit the pause button in iTunes once to stop them playing after the last one to be imported this way.

After importing - if you have iTunes set to manage the library, you can delete all the files in the downloads folder.
    I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
    In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.

Thread Information