New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Finance Software

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

NyoGoat

NyoGoat is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: 21.5", 3.06 GHz intel Core 2 duo, ATI Radeon HD 4670 graphics with 256MB

I'm looking for a good free finance software for the mac. I've used Mint online, but i'm looking for something that I will have saved on my personal hard drive. iFinance looked pretty keen, but it's not quite free. Any suggestions?
QUOTE Thanks
fearlessfreap24

fearlessfreap24 is just really nicefearlessfreap24 is just really nicefearlessfreap24 is just really nicefearlessfreap24 is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D

check this site out. the link will take you to page 2. there is a program called cashbox. i have heard other people here use it.

Open Source Mac - Free, Open-Source software for OS X

QUOTE Thanks
Jonik

Jonik is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: MBP 15"matt, 2.8GHz, 500GB, 4GB RAM

Cash box is no longer under development... will that effect anything?

It is also only a trial version... would it be worth just getting the trial of Koku instead?

EDIT - Koku is 10.6+ only.
QUOTE Thanks
NyoGoat

NyoGoat is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: 21.5", 3.06 GHz intel Core 2 duo, ATI Radeon HD 4670 graphics with 256MB

Thanks for the idea, but it does look like it costs now
QUOTE Thanks
RD423

RD423 will become famous soon enough

What exactly are you trying 2 do with the software? I created a spreadsheet in excel that tracks all of my expenses and deducts everything and even gives me a total if I have a remaining balance on the bill. Only thing I enter is my paycheck total, I have a lot of recurring bills with the same balance so I have them programed in. Even have a place for money that i have spent on food, gas, and misc. expenses. And it does all the deductions and tells me how much money I should have left. Not sure if you are any good with excel but I was looking for something 2 track expenses then figured I would create my own worksheet since I am pretty handy with excel.
QUOTE Thanks
Val-L

Val-L is on a distinguished road

You can check out GnuCash. It's available for Linux, Mac and Windows and is free. Good for personal and small-business financial accounting.
QUOTE Thanks
Ves

Ves is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro, Late 2011

Im waiting on iBearMoney to finish their desktop client.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Foreign language... | Lost Safari after taking updates »