New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Backing up Address Book?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Garoolgan

Garoolgan is on a distinguished road

Hello All,

Could somebody please explain, if I export Address Book as a backup, how I can import it without losing more recent additions I've made since the backup? I sync. my address book with my PalmTE2, using Missing Sync which seems to work OK over 99% of the time but there seems to be an occasional unexplained problem.

Today is the second time I have found myself searching for a lost entry. I know how to export the Address Book but if I have understood correctly, if I re-import the backed up/saved file, it overwrites the address book file on the HD which would wipe any more recent entries?

I've also read that I can use Google, but in this case, can I still sync with my Palm?

Further slight problem >> though I'm an ex (thank God!) computer tech, at my age, I just want things to work! I no longer have any desire to search for the whys and wherefores. I still work and my daily work tool is my Palm TE2. (I did buy an iPhone but it wouldn't sync my to-dos so I sold it.)

Anyone out there game enough to give me an old man a hand?

Thanks and Regards

Garoolgan
QUOTE Thanks
clayneal

clayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s

I dont know anything about your palm ( or any of them ) so I cant answer that part , but as for the back up issue why not just create a new back up on a regular basis to avoid the recent changes ? Just set an iCal reminder for every monday for example.

Of course you could always use the back up info from the time machine that you are surely using .....

Clay

MY ADVICE COMES WITH A DOUBLE YOUR MONEY BACK GUARANTEE!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« need Microsoft Office 2007 Ultimate for School. | iWeb »