Specs:
    MacBook Pro 17"
    Which is best Newsreader for MAC & Newsdemon?
    Need a news reader for Newsdemon. Just switched to MAC.
    Thanks

I've not done Usenet in quite some time now, but Hogwasher was my favorite for the Mac. However, it hasn't seen an update in years. Unison and MacSOUP are two that I'm familiar with that have been generally held in high regard and are still actively maintained.
    Search - VersionTracker

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
    ------
    Links: Onyx | EasyFind | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | The Safe Mac Adware Removal Guide | Uninstall MacKeeper
    ------
    Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.

Specs:
    MacBook Pro 17"
    Newsreader
    Thanks for the reply I will look a few of them over. I tried something called Panic, it works, but very strange. Not what I am used to, I liked NewsRover, but it is not for Mac's.
    Regarding MAC vs Mac, I do not know what this Power Book is yet, I just got it yesterday and I am still trying to figure out how it works and where everything is.
    Thanks again, Charles

Quote Originally Posted by skeet2low8 View Post
    Thanks for the reply I will look a few of them over. I tried something called Panic, it works, but very strange. Not what I am used to, I liked NewsRover, but it is not for Mac's.
    Unison is made by Panic. Yes, it is a little odd. I didn't care for it much myself, but they have developed it quite a bit since I last used it and it probably has the fastest learning curve. As I said, my personal favorite was Hogwasher, but it has a rather steep learning curve and isn't what I would call intuitive. I've never used News Rover, so I'm not sure what I would say is a good Mac analogy to it. My favorite back in my Windows days was Gravity.

Regarding MAC vs Mac, I do not know what this Power Book is yet, I just got it yesterday and I am still trying to figure out how it works and where everything is.
    Thanks again, Charles
    Well "Mac" is short for Macintosh. You are capitalizing "Mac" as if it was an acronym, like "PC" is an acronym for "Personal Computer". It's a pet peeve.

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
    ------
    Links: Onyx | EasyFind | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | The Safe Mac Adware Removal Guide | Uninstall MacKeeper
    ------
    Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.

Specs:
    Late 2013 27" iMac, iPad 3, iPhone 6s+, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, El Capitan
    I use Thunderbird by Mozilla. (The same folks who gave us Firefox.) Just came out with a new version, give it a try. It's free.

Regards.

Thread Information