New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Cheap online prices.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

electricmarquis

electricmarquis is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MBP 15" 2.4 i7

I always look for cheap apps online on a regular basis. Today I find the following.

LINK REMOVED

It looks like the prices are too low to be legit. They are all download sells. Is this some illegal stolen software site? I went to the about us page and got there address. I google maped it the picture of there building looks nothing like the google map street view.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

That site is a pirate site and should be avoided. Chances are their software is loaded with viruses (Windows) and other malware. Do not purchase from them. Like you stated, the prices are too low to be legitimate.

Regards.
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

We're really not interested in providing links to those either.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
electricmarquis

electricmarquis is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MBP 15" 2.4 i7

If its a pirate site, I am curious how they sell all those suites that have serial numbers. All the large design/professional packages require serial numbers that go online and validate themselves. Like anything Adobe, Autodesk, etc.

It must not have been online long or wouldnt these companies shut it down?

I didnt post the link to advertise, just to show what I was talking about. Sorry.
QUOTE Thanks
Lifeisabeach

Lifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i3 (mid-2010) + OS 10.9; TV 3; iPhone 5S; iPad 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by electricmarquis View Post
If its a pirate site, I am curious how they sell all those suites that have serial numbers. All the large design/professional packages require serial numbers that go online and validate themselves. Like anything Adobe, Autodesk, etc.

It must not have been online long or wouldnt these companies shut it down?

I didnt post the link to advertise, just to show what I was talking about. Sorry.
I didn't see the link, but I assume it's one of those so-called "OEM" vendors. If so, then yes, they are full of it.
OEM software scams on the rise ? The Register

Also check out this thread:
http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/os-...t-working.html

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
------
Links: Onyx | EasyFind | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | The Safe Mac Adware Removal Guide | Uninstall MacKeeper
------
Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Where is diskcopy? | Anybody know a good SNES Emulator for Mac?? »