New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

iLife gone after upgrading to Leopard

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

llh0043

llh0043 is on a distinguished road

Well, as the subject line says, I upgraded to Leopard and all of the iLife programs that came with Tiger when I bought my iMac are now gone. I cannot find the grey disc that came with the computer (worst Mac user ever, I know).

I have my husband's iMac and my iBook G4 that both have iPhoto on them. Is it possible to hook another computer up as a transfer drive and just drag a copy of the program into my iMac's Applications folder? Or put iPhoto on a thumb drive and copy/paste from there? Will the application work, or will it wag its finger at me and tell me I'm trying to do bad things?

Does anybody have any help for me? Please?
QUOTE Thanks
roeiboot

roeiboot will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MB061LL/B & iPhone4

i don't think drag and drop would work... or does it if you have a family pack of the software ? just getting back in the Mac "game/world".. i lost it as well when i re-installed Mac OS X --but never had the cd's to begin with.

sorry not to be of much help..

~rb
iPhone 4 /16GB MacBook3,1 iPad my blog
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.10, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

Did you a Upgrade or a Erase and Install? Upgrade has never deleted any software that I have seen.

What model Mac is this you installed Leopard on? Intel? Power PC?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Forms in iweb, anyone? | Can slides in Keynote reference one another or a data source? »