Safari cant find the plugin.....
    Recently when I open up Factcheck.org page I get the following error msg....The page “FactCheck.org” has content of MIME type “application/x-
    shockwave-flash”. Because you don’t have a plug-in installed for this MIME type, this content can’t be displayed.... I have downloaded and installed the shockwave player....and still get the msg....I have selected 32 bit and Rosetta..and still get the msg......this has just started happening....can anybody help?? Thanx in advance....Rich

anyone???

Specs:
    2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)
    That MIME type (application/x-shockwave-flash) is not Shockwave - it's Flash (yes, the name is a bit confusing). Can you view Flash content elsewhere such as movies on YouTube? If not, download Flash Player and install that (although it should be installed for you).
    Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
    M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
    Writing a Quality Post

Safari can't find plugins
    Same problem here. I recently did a Software Update, and now Safari doesn't seem to load Java, Flash Player and Real Player plugins... The plugins are "installed" in /Library/Internet Plugins and ~/Library/Internet Plugins

This problem is intermittent on Windows platforms it seems (I have yet to see it in Mac OS X). Sometimes it works, sometimes it does not. If you can view YouTube video and other Flash related content, I wouldn't worry too much about it. However, I'm sure someone here can provide further help. If it occurs at any plug in, talk to Apple. They'll listen to you. I would also post on the Apple forums (Support forums).
     iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.3
     iPhone 6 64GB - iOS 9.3
     Mac mini early 2009 - OS X El Capitan 10.11.4
     MacBook unibody/white late 2009 - OS X El Capitan 10.11.4

I figured it out...
    ... In my case, Under Safari preferences, I disabled all plugins and java. Quit Safari. Launched Safari again, and re-enabled plugins and java..... Flash worked after that...

Hope this helps someone...

tried that.....didnt work unfortunately...still getting msg.....Grrrrrrr

Specs:
    15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
    You still haven't answered the original question - do you have Flash installed - do you have the problem on other flash sites - like youtube?

However, I believe the problem lies with Factcheck, not your machine. I get the same message with every page that loads on factcheck, however, all the flash content plays just fine - this in Safari - are you able to also play the flash content after closing that message?

In Firefox, the site works just fine.
    I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
    In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.

I think you may be right.....I have no problem on You tube.....so maybe it is just the site.....

Thread Information