New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

iPhoto won't display pictures or videos

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

mijokijo

mijokijo is on a distinguished road

Hey all, I recently went on a trip and used iPhoto to store my photos and videos. I had a lot of problems with it, though, and found out that I can only view the thumbnails and not the full photos or videos. When I try to view the photos, I get a big ? sign instead. I tried to rebuild my library, but that didn't help.

The data for the photos show that they have the expected filesize for each of the photos, but the videos all say 0K, yet there is about 40 GB of space being used on my Macbook, so clearly the videos are taking up more that 0K of space.

To make matters worse, somehow the files on my SD card were deleted, probably by iPhoto, so I had to recover the photos using some software on my PC. However, the video files won't play after being recovered. The only hope I seem to have to get my video files is to somehow recover them on iPhoto, but I'm not sure what to do. Does anybody have some info that could help me out?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« GeekTool 3 HELP | Convert VIDEO_TS to iPod touch video file »