New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

iWork - Pages: Vertical Centering?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

caribiner23

caribiner23 is just really nicecaribiner23 is just really nicecaribiner23 is just really nicecaribiner23 is just really nicecaribiner23 is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro Retina 13" among far too many other Apple products

I am a newbie to Pages, and I've run across a problem that is really aggravating because it should not be rocket science... but it seems to be, at least for me.

Let's suppose you're writing a letter and it only takes up two paragraphs. You have about a third of the page as white space, which means that everything below your text, to the bottom of the page, is blank.

To make it look presentable, you want to center the text on the page so there is equal white space above and below it.

In Word for Windows, you select File --> Page Setup --> Layout --> Vertical Alignment and choose "Center." Done.

How in the world do you do this Pages? I've scoured the manual and online help and can find nothing on this.

Thanks in advance!
QUOTE Thanks
candogoods

candogoods is on a distinguished road

Create a text box on your page. Type your text in the box. Highlight text in box. Use inspector. Click on the T for text and to the right you have the option to align text to top, center or bottom.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Uninstall Apps | Free wallpaper Apps »