Macbook Pro, 4GB RAM, 2.53 GHz Intel Processer, Nvidia 9400m
    How do I fix song order on iTunes?
    I know I am going to sound like an idiot with this question but how do I sort my tracks in iTunes. I am no new Mac user but only recently have I started getting my music from anywhere other then iTunes or a CD. I am experimenting in different places such as Audible, and what not and I have found that the song order in each album is screwed up. Sometimes the album image is slightly larger or smaller then the few songs on the album i bought on itunes but thats easily fixed. Anyway I have tried get info and chose the x out of x song but it stayed put how do i fix this.
    MacBook Pro 13", iPhone 3GS, iPod Nano 4G

Banks Peninsula, New Zealand
    MacMini 2.4, 8 Gb, OS 10.10 and 10.6; MacBook 2.4, 4 Gb, OS 10.6.8
    Column heading allows you to sort by Artist or Name (title) alphabetically, option-click the arrow head to reverse the order. Is that what you're after, or do you want to be able to set the order of songs manually, to suit your tastes?

I can find nothing in iTunes Prefs that allows manual sorting, but then I use an older version of the application.
    Please post your Mac (or other) specs and MacOS version in your post, your profile or your signature. It helps us to help you better.

I'm leaving now to go and find myself. If I should return before I get back, please ask me to wait.

can you put a screen shot up of your iTunes?

Crawley, England
    20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
    Are you saying that the songs are incorrectly tagged? If they come from a legitimate source that should never happen.
    Try my custom Mac Forums Search Engine: Mac Forums Google Search

Please use the reputation system if you consider any help given useful (it's the little ✓/✘ on the left <---)

Texas, where else?
    15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
    It happens from Audible on practically every multi-part book I download and I'm up to about 100 now. It'll put the different parts of the book in the order of 1,4,2,3 and such. And it's done the same since Tiger.

That's the first thing I have to fix on almost every book from them. I usually rename them... for example from 'abcxyz Part 1' to 'abcxyz:1' and add the 1 of 4 to the info to fix them. I have not figured out why, because their naming convention seems that it should work properly.
    I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
    In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.

Thread Information