New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Mail Help.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

midnightstepper

midnightstepper is on a distinguished road

Hi everybody

This is my first post and hopefully someone can help me.

I have been using multiple email addresses to send and receive mail through my POP account with Mail on my Macbook (running 10.4.11) without any problem but all of a sudden this has stopped working on all but my initial account. If I try to send a mail I just get a drop down error message stating:

"This message could not be delivered and will remain in your Outbox until it can be delivered.

Verify that you have addressed this message correctly. Check your SMTP server settings in Mail Preferences and verify any advanced settings with your system administrator."

I seem to be receiving some messages from some people but not others.

Does anybody have any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

iMac 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Black Macbook 2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
QUOTE Thanks
Zoolook

Zoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro, i7 2.66Ghz, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 5

What service are you using on your main account and those that stopped working (Gmail, .mac, yahoo etc?)

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is stoned to death.
- Joan D. Vinge

QUOTE Thanks
midnightstepper

midnightstepper is on a distinguished road

Sorry, I forgot to mention those (slightly important) details. My main account is with Orange and I have a few addresses from my website that all get directed to that one Orange account.

Also the Outbox seems to have made an appearance all of a sudden.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoolook View Post
What service are you using on your main account and those that stopped working (Gmail, .mac, yahoo etc?)

iMac 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Black Macbook 2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Booting from backup (USB2 Ext) by CCC | Handouts in Keynote »