Thread: fly your plane anywhere
05-06-2010, 11:25 AM #1
fly your plane anywhere
- Member Since
- Jan 07, 2009
- Spencer, MA
- OS X 10.5.4
On to new hobby. Flying a small plane anywhere in the world, at any altitude. I'm sure others have been doing this, but here's how I do it:
1. Open GOOGLE EARTH
2. Go to the site you want to fly over
3. Zoom down to a reasonable viewing altitude - say 2000 ft.
4. Go to TOOLS, open FLIGHT SIMULATOR, choose type of aircraft When you do this, you are pointing straight down, so you will have to pull the nose up immediately.
5. Use the 4-button arrow cluster for controlling the plane. You'll have to become familiar with the directions, but really simple. Throttle controls at PAGE UP, and PAGE DOWN, flaps use [ and ]
6. Of course it helps if you know how to fly a small plane, but this should be easy to pick up for non-pilots. So far, I've cruised up the Nile, flown around Mt. Everest, and lots of other fun trips.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By Chippy22 in forum Apple NotebooksReplies: 5Last Post: 06-30-2011, 01:18 AM
By stevefarwell in forum iPhone Hardware and AccessoriesReplies: 5Last Post: 08-22-2010, 02:49 AM
By cambspars in forum Apple NotebooksReplies: 3Last Post: 09-19-2009, 05:10 PM
By Tex-Twil in forum Switcher HangoutReplies: 4Last Post: 11-10-2008, 08:22 PM
By groggy23 in forum Apple DesktopsReplies: 0Last Post: 08-30-2006, 02:31 AM