New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

iTunes equalizer

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

ImHappy1dering

ImHappy1dering is on a distinguished road

I like to have my songs set with the Bass Booster equalizer setting, but whenever a new song is uploaded it has "None" selected as the setting. Whenever I used to upload a new song(s) they would automatically have the bass booster setting. I messed around with a few setting a month or so ago, and the setting doesn't apply anymore. I know it's possible to have every song on one setting, but I'm not sure how... because when I first had iTunes, everything was on Flat. I hate having to change the setting over when putting in a new song (because usually I forget and have to go in later to change it). How can I make bass booster my overall equalizer setting?
QUOTE Thanks
Kaham

Kaham is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MBPU 13" (Late '09); 2.53GHz 4GB; OSX 10.6.3

First off, I am not 100% sure on this solution, but as far as I can tell, this works for me. (Keep your equalizer window open during playback to verify, you'll see the settings change.)

In the iTunes music library panel, hold down the control-key and click on the topbar which lists the columns, such as Title, Artist, etc. Then, a small menu should open, allowing you to pick the visible columns. Make sure the "Equalizer" column is visible.

Songs with a pre-defined equalizer will then show its settings, and songs without wlil show a blank box with 2 arrows.

I found out that if you select a song with no equalizer (the option None) and then set your equalizer to a certain setting (eg. Rock), iTunes will see this as the default setting for all songs with no-equalizer predefined.

So to get a default equalizer, find a song with no equalizer setting programmed, or set one song's equalizer to "None". Then, if not open yet, open the equalizer panel. Select the preset you would like to use as default.

After that, it should be safe to select an equalizer setting for this song again.

Hope it helps.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« I need help with pages | Wanna uninstall Geektool »