New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Check printing software for Mac?

Thread Closed

Mark3316

Mark3316 is on a distinguished road

I have recently switched to a mac. I used to use Quickbooks Quickstart edition to print checks and keep the check register (because it came free on the computer), but now I need to find something I can use on the mac. I don't need a business strength accounting program: I write less than 100 checks per year, but like the ability to make them legible and be able to sort by payee. Free would be nice, also. I tried Checkbook, but unless I was missing something, it won't actually print the check, so I'd need to write the check by hand and then enter the information again in the register. Any suggestions? thanks!
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

Something "Free" you're not going to find.... Most checkbook programs including the one you tried (CheckBook) do not offer a simple way to write and print checks. For that, you're going to need a business strength program like "MoneyDance", "Quicken for Mac", iBank, etc.

If you write less than 100 checks a year I wouldn't even bother messing with printing. If you do any kind of on line banking, being able to keep track of payees, dates, and so forth, is a service that's usually offered for free by the banking institution.

Of course, you can always run Windows on your Mac and continue to use whatever program you're accustomed to. I used MS Money for years with Windows and I know it includes check printing.

Regards.
mac??

mac?? is on a distinguished road

I am also having that problem and have a new Mac.
as far as i can tell Quicken for Mac does not have check writing abilities, so i am going to have to put in parallels.
I still have a week left on my 2 weeks for return of this mac, so i am still thinking about that
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

Have you looked into the programs I mentioned above? Most of them provide check writing ability, however, as I pointed out to the original poster they are not free.

Most folks who have switched from Quicken for Windows to Quicken for the Mac have been disappointed. Intuit is just absolutely the worse company that I know of for tech support and customer service. My advice is to trash Quicken and use one of the other real nice Mac financial programs that are available.
Randy B. Singer

Randy B. Singer is a name known to allRandy B. Singer is a name known to allRandy B. Singer is a name known to allRandy B. Singer is a name known to allRandy B. Singer is a name known to allRandy B. Singer is a name known to allRandy B. Singer is a name known to all

I've been asked about this before. I know that the following will print checks:

ChecksQuick $15
Household

MoneyDance $50
Moneydance® 2010 - Personal Finance Manager for Mac, Windows, and Linux
Moneydance® for Mac - Check Printing Screenshot

It would also be easy to set up a check template in Apple iWork’s Pages.

Randy B. Singer
Co-author of The Macintosh Bible (4th, 5th, and 6th editions)

Macintosh OS X Routine Maintenance
OS X Maintenance And Troubleshooting

toMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to all
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core 2 Duo

I like to pay in cash. What about an app that prints money?

Thread Closed

« iphoto: manage keywords greyed out | iMovieSpeedConversion source clipping missing issue »