New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

iLife - iTunes consolidated song listing

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

coalitionguy

coalitionguy is on a distinguished road

Over the years I've collected a rather large number of music CDs, and recently have begun converting them to MP3. I was trying to find a way to produce a list of all the albums/songs in my iTunes lirary--so I know which ones I've already done--but have had only limited success. Does anyone know of a way I can create such a list, rather than the sad alternative of taking a screen shot, scrolling down and continuing this process. Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
iWhat

iWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!

There are two solutions: you can use the print feature in iTunes and export a list as a pdf or you can use a third party app and export it as an html file.

iTunes:
Select Library from the Source menu on the left side in the iTunes app. Then, in the menu bar, go to File, and click Print. Modify the settings as to how you would like the layout of your list to look like. Now, click on Print, don't worry, this won't print anything just yet. The next window should then allow give you the option to save as a pdf or you can click Preview and save that to the desktop.

Third Party App:
iTunes Publisher would be the second best solution, if you prefer another file format like html, and it's free.
QUOTE Thanks
coalitionguy

coalitionguy is on a distinguished road

I tried the print method within iTunes, and it worked just like I wanted it to. Just wanted to say thanks.
QUOTE Thanks
chiffonhead

chiffonhead is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 16GB iPhone, 17" iMac, 13" MacBook & 17" MacBook Pro

I've been using Publisher for a while.

any way to export the list to a Word document?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iphoto help? | Keynote!! (Aww..nuts) »