frogsuit
    installer vise crashes with tiger. help!
    hi i've looked everywhere to an answer to this and i'm hoping someone can help me out. i recently upgraded to tiger (i erased my hard drive and installed fresh) and i can't get anything to install using installer vise. when i click install, it says "searching: macintosh hd" and freezes. the only advice i've gotten is to turn off idisk, but i don't use idisk and idon't even have a .mac account. does anyone know what i can do?
    thanks!

-amy

Specs:
    2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi
    Cool
    I have read that StuffIt Expander does not come in OS X.4. That maybe your problem, since you atated that vise is search the hard drive.

You try and get StuffIt Standard Edition, and see if it resolves the problem.
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!

frogsuit
    thanks for the quick reply!
    i've already installed stuffit expander. as soon as it says "searching macintosh hd" that little colored ball shows up and it quits responding. i've read that this is a semi-common problem, but have yet to find the solution.

Specs:
    2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi
    Cool
    Okay. If it is a semi colon problem. Then my guess would be the path of something that the vise application is looking for is wrong. Are you able to install any other software using Apple's installer? Is the problem only with vise?
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!

frogsuit
    yeah i've installed a few things. the only things that this has happened with are windows media player and appleworks. both of those use vise, so i assumed it was a vise-related issue.

frogsuit
    anything?

Thread Information