Handbrake problem
    A while ago, I used handbrake to copy the first DVD of a set of two to my hard drive. 4.37gb reduced to 2.2. All good, no issues. Recently, I burned the second DVD of the set. The thing is, Handbrake seems to be significantly increasing the file size in the conversion and I can't imagine why that's happening. This was another 4.37gb DVD, converted to mp4 at 60.78% quality (the default that came up), with a resulting 5.7gb set of files!

Can anyone tell me what's going on here? I tried burning twice and even re-installed Handbrake.

The Republic of Neptune
    Actually Handbrake can rip protected DVDs (with the help of VLC). It also is extremely easy for beginners. Select a preset and go.

HOWEVER... discussions regarding ripping protected DVDs is against forum rules. Ridge... I suggest you look for help in the Handbrake forums. As it is, the question is confusing. You say you "copied" the first DVD and "burned" the second one. It is not clear to me what you did exactly, since you would have had to have ripped the second one before burning anything, and Handbrake doesn't burn to DVDs, or anything.

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
    Links: Onyx | EasyFind | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | The Safe Mac Adware Removal Guide | Uninstall MacKeeper
    Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.

Thread Information