New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

OMG FREAKING OUT. PLZ HELP ME. I think i deleted ALL of my music

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

omgfreakingout1

omgfreakingout1 is on a distinguished road

Ok ok, I am freaking out here. this is what happened.

On my mac I was importing an audiobook from a CD. I also wanted to delete a previous audio book

So. I went to the "search" section of itunes and typed in the name of the book I wanted to delete cuz that's the album title.

I clicked on one of the tracks and after that went to the top of my mac screen and clicked "edit" clicked "select all" and pressed delete. the prompt showed up and asked me if I wanted to delete and move items to trash and I clicked "move to trash" I noticed that it took a long time for everything to delete, but next thing i know, EVERYTHING (nearly 14,000 songs) get deleted. ALL OF IT GONE!

I looked in the trash and NOTHING is there, WHAT DO I DO???? all of my class lessons and videos are on there and I am sooo freaking out right now.

PLZ help me what can i do? I have not turned off my comp or restarted anything
QUOTE Thanks
omgfreakingout1

omgfreakingout1 is on a distinguished road

Ok ok, I am freaking out here. this is what happened.

On my mac I was importing an audiobook from a CD. I also wanted to delete a previous audio book

So. I went to the "search" section of itunes
and typed in the name of the book I wanted to delete cuz that's the album title.

I clicked on one of the tracks and after that went to the top of my mac screen and clicked "edit" clicked "select all" and pressed delete. the prompt showed up and asked me if I wanted to delete and move items to trash and I clicked "move to trash" I noticed that it took a long time for everything to delete, but next thing i know, EVERYTHING (nearly 14,000 songs) get deleted. ALL OF IT GONE!

I looked in the trash and NOTHING is there, WHAT DO I DO???? all of my class lessons and videos are on there and I am sooo freaking out right now.

PLZ help me what can i do? I have not turned off my comp or restarted anything
QUOTE Thanks
DRMac

DRMac is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MBP 15" 2.66Ghz C2D 4GB ram 320GB HDD

i think you'll need to invest in a data recovery program.
QUOTE Thanks
Slydude

Slydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2.8 GHz MacBook Pro 10.8,3 8 GB mem, 2.66 GHz Mac Pro - Dead, iPhone 4

When you delete something from an iTunes library it usually asks that delete question twice. If I remember correctly the first time it is asking permission to delete the links in the iTunes library. The second time it asks if you want to delete the files. If you answered no to the second question there might be some hope.

Open iTunes and look at the "advanced" preferences. Look to see where the media folder is located. Click the "Change" option and that folder will open. Do not click OK. If there are other files and folders listed there your files are probably intact and simply need to be re-linked with new library pointers.

If the files are there close the dialog by choosing Cancel. Try going to the the iTunes File menu and choose "Add to Library". When the dialog appears navigate back to the folder that contains your music files and click "Choose".

Sylvester Roque Former Contributing Editor About This Particular Macintosh

"Got Time to breathe. You got time for music." Denver Pyle as Briscoe Darling
QUOTE Thanks
toMACsh

toMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to all
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core 2 Duo

on pins an needles here

several hours have passed

DID IT WORK?????
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Youtube Audio | Bookmarkings! »