OMG FREAKING OUT. PLZ HELP ME. I think i deleted ALL of my music
    Ok ok, I am freaking out here. this is what happened.

On my mac I was importing an audiobook from a CD. I also wanted to delete a previous audio book

So. I went to the "search" section of itunes and typed in the name of the book I wanted to delete cuz that's the album title.

I clicked on one of the tracks and after that went to the top of my mac screen and clicked "edit" clicked "select all" and pressed delete. the prompt showed up and asked me if I wanted to delete and move items to trash and I clicked "move to trash" I noticed that it took a long time for everything to delete, but next thing i know, EVERYTHING (nearly 14,000 songs) get deleted. ALL OF IT GONE!

I looked in the trash and NOTHING is there, WHAT DO I DO???? all of my class lessons and videos are on there and I am sooo freaking out right now.

PLZ help me what can i do? I have not turned off my comp or restarted anything

can someone PLZ help me, I am freaking out here. I think I just deleted EVERYTHING
    Ok ok, I am freaking out here. this is what happened.

On my mac I was importing an audiobook from a CD. I also wanted to delete a previous audio book

So. I went to the "search" section of itunes
    and typed in the name of the book I wanted to delete cuz that's the album title.

I clicked on one of the tracks and after that went to the top of my mac screen and clicked "edit" clicked "select all" and pressed delete. the prompt showed up and asked me if I wanted to delete and move items to trash and I clicked "move to trash" I noticed that it took a long time for everything to delete, but next thing i know, EVERYTHING (nearly 14,000 songs) get deleted. ALL OF IT GONE!

I looked in the trash and NOTHING is there, WHAT DO I DO???? all of my class lessons and videos are on there and I am sooo freaking out right now.

PLZ help me what can i do? I have not turned off my comp or restarted anything

Specs:
    MBP 15" 2.66Ghz C2D 4GB ram 320GB HDD
    i think you'll need to invest in a data recovery program.

Specs:
    2.8 GHz MacBook Pro 10.11, 8 GB mem, iPhone 6+
    When you delete something from an iTunes library it usually asks that delete question twice. If I remember correctly the first time it is asking permission to delete the links in the iTunes library. The second time it asks if you want to delete the files. If you answered no to the second question there might be some hope.

Open iTunes and look at the "advanced" preferences. Look to see where the media folder is located. Click the "Change" option and that folder will open. Do not click OK. If there are other files and folders listed there your files are probably intact and simply need to be re-linked with new library pointers.

If the files are there close the dialog by choosing Cancel. Try going to the the iTunes File menu and choose "Add to Library". When the dialog appears navigate back to the folder that contains your music files and click "Choose".
    "Got Time to breathe. You got time for music." Denver Pyle as Briscoe Darling

Specs:
    Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
    on pins an needles here

several hours have passed

DID IT WORK?????

Thread Information