New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

iCal Question

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

billwill

billwill is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 8 GB 13" MacBook Pro, 64GB WiFi/4G iPad, 32GB iPhone 5

I have several years of data in my iCal file. Everything in there is under the "Unfiled" folder but with my aging eyes, it's difficult to read.

Is there a way I can convert everything in there from "Unfiled" to "Home" so it will be darker with more contract and therefore, much easier to read? TIA.
QUOTE Thanks
toMACsh

toMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to all
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core 2 Duo

I'd like to try to help, but I don't know where you're seeing these folders called "unfiled" and "Home". Could you give more details?
QUOTE Thanks
billwill

It's the color of an entry into iCal... after you enter iCal, in the left column are the Calendars available: Home, Work, Unfiled, Business, Untitled and Untitled 2. I've always used the "Unfiled" color which is a light beige. It's now a little hard to read. I'd like to change all my entries to the "Home" which is a bright blue background and much easier to read. Thanks.
QUOTE Thanks
MYmacROX

MYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2008 15" MBP ML, 2012 21.5" iMac ML

When you open iCal, right-click on the "Unfiled" calendar on the left side of the screen. Choose "Get Info" and in there you will have a little dropdown to choose what color you want it to appear as. You can have more than one calendar the same color. Or you can change it to whatever one you want and change your other calendar that has the same color to a different color so you don't get them confused.
***SEE ATTACHED THUMBNAIL***
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen shot 2010-04-06 at 11.01.52 AM.png (48.8 KB, 5 views)
QUOTE Thanks
billwill

Will that change ALL my prior entries to the color I want or only future entries?
QUOTE Thanks
billwill

It worked! ALL my iCal entries now have the blue background. I can read them! Thank you!
QUOTE Thanks
toMACsh

toMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to all
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core 2 Duo

Quote:
Originally Posted by billwill View Post
Everything in there is under the "Unfiled" folder but with my aging eyes, it's difficult to read.
Quote:
Originally Posted by billwill View Post
in the left column are the Calendars available: Home, Work, Unfiled, Business, Untitled and Untitled 2.
Ah! That's what threw me. Glad you got what you needed!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« application for blocking other applications for set amounts of time? | need docx to open in word and not vmware »