New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

New games and applications don't work

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

n0b0dy

n0b0dy is on a distinguished road

hello, so I've got a question:

If I download a new application or a game to my computer, it almost always won't work. How is this possible
QUOTE Thanks
Printerman

Printerman is a jewel in the roughPrinterman is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iMac10,1, 3.06 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor, 10.8.2, 21.5" screen.

Can you give us some examples of the games that aren't working?

-Dylan
QUOTE Thanks
n0b0dy

n0b0dy is on a distinguished road

Just some small games from the web. That's not the problem, but the applications, really.. Limewire, torrent applications etc.. also my flash player lags very much. I can't watch any videos on the web, it's like still pictures.

My whole computer lags a bit.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Why don't you provide some specifics on your machine so we can try to help you out?

Like the year, model, how much memory do you have, how hard drive space left, and so forth....

Regards.
QUOTE Thanks
DarkestRitual

DarkestRitual is just really niceDarkestRitual is just really niceDarkestRitual is just really niceDarkestRitual is just really nice
Mac Specs: 13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac

My guess? You probably didn't drag the file from the disk image to your applications folder. So your computer is reading it as though it is data off of a disc.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Problem upgrading Firefox | Safari RSS (twitter) Problem »