New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

How to Delete Games Completely?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

PsYkOoOoO

PsYkOoOoO is on a distinguished road

Hey guys,

I recently bought three games for my iMac. I don't want to install them all on my iMac at the same time, though. I want to install one, play it, and then delete it to make way for the other games.

I am wondering if the deleting of games on my Mac is the same as deleting applications? I usually use AppZapper to delete my application, and it cleans out a bunch of other folders and files that I'd otherwise miss. Do games work the same way as well?

Thanks guys.
QUOTE Thanks
LelandJLK

LelandJLK is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MBP 15 inch 2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 4 Gigs of ram

Your Mac should be able to handle having all three games installed at once, but each to their own. As for deleting them, AppZapper will work fine for deleting games.
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2009 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

If you're so tight on disk space that you can't have three games on there, you have bigger problems heading your way.

I recommend a continuous minimum of 12GB free on a modern Mac's hard drive. Any less than that and you start to feel it the longer you use the machine.
QUOTE Thanks
PsYkOoOoO

PsYkOoOoO is on a distinguished road

Space isn't a problem, but I just don't like applications to be there when they don't have to. I suppose I might do just that, but I'd still like to know how to delete the games when I actually want to, you know?

Thanks to you guys for the advice.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Finder plug-ins | Help! Trouble Installing COD4! »