New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Pop-ups & redirected with safari

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Maxy

Maxy is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: emac, G4 laptop, G5, imac 2.4Ghz intel duo,

Hi,

I operate vmware (i need dragon) and it was only with loading that did i commence to get problems. never been on the net with vista though.

when i'm in mac and using safari i get a windows security pop-up advertisment. the other thing is using safari (latest version) i click on a site and automatically get re-directed to other sites - mostly the same - then if i click off the redirected the site and click on the site i want to go to, only then do i go to the right site.

i have checked the no pop-up button on safari and also cleaned out all the cookies. its still happening.

should i delete safari and redownload safari and start again or do i need anti-popup or other programes to stop this nuisance.

cheers and thanks in advance for any advice.

Maxy
QUOTE Thanks
Maxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxy View Post
Hi,

I operate vmware (i need dragon) and it was only with loading that did i commence to get problems. never been on the net with vista though.

when i'm in mac and using safari i get a windows security pop-up advertisment. the other thing is using safari (latest version) i click on a site and automatically get re-directed to other sites - mostly the same - then if i click off the redirected the site and click on the site i want to go to, only then do i go to the right site.

i have checked the no pop-up button on safari and also cleaned out all the cookies. its still happening.

should i delete safari and redownload safari and start again or do i need anti-popup or other programes to stop this nuisance.

cheers and thanks in advance for any advice.

Maxy
Hi,

anyone have any suggestions, I didnt get any responses. I still get the windows security pop-up and also when I am in google, and I select and click on a site, on the first click i am redirected to places like, facebook, then i click back and click on the site the second time then i go to the correct site???

any suggestions at all would be REALLY appreciated

cheers
Maxy
QUOTE Thanks
hughvane

hughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacMini 2.4, 4 Gb, OS 10.8 and 10.6; MacBook 2.4, 2 Gb, OS 10.5.8; G4 eMac 1.25, 2 Gb, OS 10.4.11

Empty Safari's cache, or Reset Safari, selecting what options you want.

Second suggestion is to clean out the cookies once again, and then adjust the cookie preferences to Only From Sites I Visit, at least for a while. You'll soon learn to recognise which cookies are necessary/useful, as well as harmless.

If the Safari problem persists, I recommend that you change browser to FireFox (or Camino). Control of cookies is much better than in Safari.

ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ
Please post your Mac (or other) specs and MacOS version in your post, your profile or your signature. It helps us to help you better.

I'm leaving now to go and find myself. If I should return before I get back, please ask me to wait.
QUOTE Thanks
Maxy

I have already emptied the safari cache, reset safari and also gone into the library and deleted the cache and then restarted. all to no avail.

i think i will take your advice and try FF for a while until mac get on top of this problem with safari as it is SO annoying.

actually before that I think i will delete my version, redownload safari and try it again and see if the problem is still there. if its no longer there, then its not on my computer.

Cheers and many thanks

Maxy
QUOTE Thanks
hughvane

hughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacMini 2.4, 4 Gb, OS 10.8 and 10.6; MacBook 2.4, 2 Gb, OS 10.5.8; G4 eMac 1.25, 2 Gb, OS 10.4.11

You might want to try deleting the Mail preferences of the present version first.

Side Note: I see from a news item that Opera is now the most downloaded browser, as Mac users dissatisfied with Safari look elsewhere.

ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ
Please post your Mac (or other) specs and MacOS version in your post, your profile or your signature. It helps us to help you better.

I'm leaving now to go and find myself. If I should return before I get back, please ask me to wait.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Problem with address book | Desktop Calendar »