New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Help me, please.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

bhodges00

bhodges00 is on a distinguished road

Hi folks. I'm new at Mac. I'm trying to install Office 2008 on my friends Mac. I can't install via disk so I made a duplicate on flash drive and install that way, but when I clicked on the installer it opens up Itunes. How do I install Office without the installer opening up Itunes? OS X 10.4.11.
QUOTE Thanks
Collin Bl

Collin Bl is a jewel in the roughCollin Bl is a jewel in the roughCollin Bl is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 27 iMac i5, MBP 13 & iMac 20, 2TB dual TC, AppleTV, iPh4S

Welcome to the Forum. Have you checked the specs to see if Office 2008 will operate on Tiger - u might be better of with Office 2004
QUOTE Thanks
Yffum

Yffum is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro Running Snow Leopard out of the box

No, Office 2008 works with Tiger, I'm not sure why the installer's opening up iTunes. Why can't you install it via disk?

P.S. Next time you make a thread give it a name that relates to the subject such as "Office '08 won't install on OS 10.4"

Edit: Here are the system requirements for 2008. Unless your computers 10 years old, it should hopefully fit these requirements.

• A Mac computer with an Intel, PowerPC G5, or PowerPC G4 (500 MHz or faster) processor
• Mac OS X version 10.4.9 or later
• 512 MB of RAM or more
• 1 GB of available hard disk space
• HFS+ hard disk format (also known as Mac OS Extended or HFS Plus) To determine the format of your hard-disk, click the Apple menu > About this Mac > More Info.
• DVD drive or connection to a local area network (if installing over a network)
• 1024 x 768 or higher resolution-monitor

To find this information go to the Apple menu in the top left of your screen and click "About This Mac". That should tell you your processor, OS version, and Memory (RAM).
QUOTE Thanks
bhodges00

bhodges00 is on a distinguished road

It meets the requirements. When I put the disk in the tray and close it the tray opens again in five seconds.
QUOTE Thanks
Collin Bl

Collin Bl is a jewel in the roughCollin Bl is a jewel in the roughCollin Bl is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 27 iMac i5, MBP 13 & iMac 20, 2TB dual TC, AppleTV, iPh4S

Perhaps it is a CD reader that will not deal with a DVD
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Time Machine issue | CS3 Crashes after upgrade from 10.4.1-10.6.3 »