New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Need help

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

p3ezi(moto)

p3ezi(moto) will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: VZW iPhone 4 64gb Ipad 13" White Macbook * WD 500GB HD 80GB Ipod Classic

I finally figured out how to change my Finder and Trash Icons but unlike the other icons I changed these two still show the regular icons. Can someone help

GS3 - Nexus 7 - 13in Macbook
QUOTE Thanks
DarkestRitual

DarkestRitual is just really niceDarkestRitual is just really niceDarkestRitual is just really niceDarkestRitual is just really nice
Mac Specs: 13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac

Get the trial of CandyBar - those icons are stored in a different place, and I'm not sure exactly which .rsrc file you'd have to mod to do it manually. CandyBar makes it easy.
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

You usually have to log out then back in to get them looking like you want them. And as DR suggested CandyBar is a good little app to make it easier for you. And with this app it will tell you on certain Apps that you changed icon on that you will have to log out then in again for them to take change. If you notice them still not changed after LO and then LI again, you have to run the app for it to take place. You will see it change when you click the icon

Cheers

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
p3ezi(moto)

Mac Specs: VZW iPhone 4 64gb Ipad 13" White Macbook * WD 500GB HD 80GB Ipod Classic

thanks...i figured out how to go into the system files and do it...but had to use Candybar to set it...weird but got it...

QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by p3ezi(moto) View Post
thanks...i figured out how to go into the system files and do it...but had to use Candybar to set it...weird but got it...
Coolies :cool:

Well now for the screenshot of your improvements

Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

Quote:
Originally Posted by p3ezi(moto) View Post
Coolies

Well now for the screenshot of your improvements

QUOTE Thanks
p3ezi(moto)

hey tattooed, I decided just to go with a normal look over my all black screenie. I like this

QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

That is pretty neat there p3ezi. Some nice looking icons there. And i see you have it in the bag with GeekTool as well.
You can sit there for hours playing around. Now you have the hang of it, i will be expecting a whopper of a April desktop pic in the Monthly thread

Well done mate

Cheers

QUOTE Thanks
p3ezi(moto)

thanks tattooed...yeah learning to mess around with GeekTool. Hopefully I'll be displaying something nice in the April screenshots

QUOTE Thanks
DarkestRitual

DarkestRitual is just really niceDarkestRitual is just really niceDarkestRitual is just really niceDarkestRitual is just really nice

Not bad. Right now I'm sitting at this

QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

NOTE: Thread moved to appropriate forum. Not just anything goes in Anything Goes

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkestRitual View Post
Not bad. Right now I'm sitting at this
Mate i love the dark iTunes and i have it now thanks to your thread ... It looks great and just feels so much nicer to use ... Not boring

Thanks for the links and zip file

Cheers

QUOTE Thanks
DarkestRitual

Np.
QUOTE Thanks
p3ezi(moto)

hey sorry cwa...I thought my question could go in here (in Anything goes). just needed help with changing finder and trash icons...didn't have no intention on posting screenshots. Tattooed just wanted to see what I have done to my icons..

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Google Chrome for Mac | application to clean files from my mac? »